It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2007, 03:25 AM   #1
(male)

Blueguy HB User
Question Will the body detox after a new lifestyle????

Hello,

First off i need to explain a little background ....I have made some recent new changes to my lifesyle. I used to smoke cigarettes, and drink more than I should etc. I recently quite all of that. I started to eat only healthy foods, I have started a steady, solid, workout plan at my gym. Also I used to drink loads of coffee everyday, 2 to 5 cups a day, nonstop since I was probably about 13 years old, and Im 35 now. I switched my coffee habit with green tea (no sugar or milk) and suprizingly it was an easy changeover. These changes have basicly been a new years resolution that I made to stick, however I didnt do all of these changes at once, it was a slow steady changeover one thing at a time, but its been easier than I thought it was going to be. I think partly because these changes had been on my mind long before the end of December. Now Its been a few weeks since 1/1/2007, but I really dont see myself going back to my old ways, in fact it doesnt even enter my mind.

I must say that I feel great.....I feel like Im 20 years old again.....However i have noticed just lately that I got a cold, I have had a few more pimples than usual, and other minor symptoms similar to these.

Now for my question.... If a person makes some major lifestyle changes with health and nutrition, etc. .....Will the body go through a detox period....Like a purging effect, getting rid of excess crude that has built up in the body systems over the years? I was really suprised to catch a cold, etc....Could my body be breaking through a purging period or something? Or am I simply looking to deep into just a simple cold? Just curious if anyone in the know here might be able to give me their opinions.

Thanks,

Erik

Last edited by Blueguy; 02-06-2007 at 03:32 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2007, 06:55 PM   #2
(female)

earthdayapril22 HB User
Re: Will the body detox after a new lifestyle????

HI, it's nice to know that your are making a positive lifestyle change in your life. I do think that the body needs time to adapt to those changes, those are plenty of changes happening at the same time. The cold could be a coincidence because now it's flue season. Give time for your body to adapt and you will keep feeling better and better.

Good luck!

Old 02-12-2007, 04:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twiceblessed HB User
Lightbulb Re: Will the body detox after a new lifestyle????

I recently made some serious changes to my lifestyle as well - mostly in the drinking and eating areas. I think your body does go through changes and adjust. Getting those toxins out is important, but takes some time.

Many people have commented on the changes in my skin, in particular.

Good luck to you!

Old 07-18-2007, 05:52 AM   #4
(female)

catholicgirl HB User

Normally when someone goes through a detox such as a anti candida diet or a colon cleanse or a heavy metal cleanse skins changes and various other things will occur. It doesn't sound like you did a detox, what you did was a gradual change. Maybe there is something in your diet or lacking in your diet that is lowering your immunity.Are you exposed to any heavy metals (such as silver amalgam fillings which leach mercury into the body)? Perhaps it could be stress related. The best thing is to look at the whole picture.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:12 AM   #5
(female)

Andrea84 HB User

Wow, I admire your making all those changes - great accomplishment.
I am getting fewer colds since I wash my hands before eating anything and keep my hands away from my face, eyes.

Closed Thread