It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2007, 03:48 AM   #1
(male)

Blueguy HB User
Question Green tea and increase in liver fat??

Just curious, someone noted on here that green tea increases liver fat...I was stunned to hear this and so I did a follow up search on google....... Everything I have found points to the opposite of this...green tea helps the liver and burns fat in general. Id really like to know the facts about this, if green tea really is bad for a persons liver......Can anyone point me to some research studies on the web about this?? Thanks.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:39 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Mike In NY HB User
Re: Green tea and increase in liver fat??

I read many articles which say drinking green tea is beneficial to the liver. However, if green tea extract is taken in very high dosages it can harm the liver. I don't take green tea extract capsules but rather drink a cup or two of green tea each day. I'm not concerned.

Last edited by Mike In NY; 02-06-2007 at 05:48 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2007, 07:37 AM   #3
(female)

Deborah76 HB User
Smile Re: Green tea and increase in liver fat??

Everything I have ever read about Green Tea points to it being beneficial in many ways, particulary toward your liver as it is full of antioxidants. I live on only green tea and bottled water (drinkswise) and it doesn't appear to be doing any harm.

Old 02-07-2007, 07:39 AM   #4
(female)

Deborah76 HB User

Here you go:

[removed]

Last edited by mod-anon; 02-07-2007 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Please paraphrase in your own words what you read somewhere else. For copyright reasons, do not copy material directly from another website.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:22 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Mike In NY HB User

Who drinks 10 cups or more of Green Tea each day? Does this mean that drinking less than 10 cups a day is not beneficial to the liver? The quote mentions men. What about women? The quote is very confusing but thanks for posting. I'll continue drinking two cups a day and will avoid the capsules. Since we've seen so many articles about the benefits of Green Tea many who don't like it are taking large doses of the capsules and here lies the problem.

Old 02-07-2007, 04:17 PM   #6
(male)

Blueguy HB User

Taking too many capsules IS a bad idea, mega overload on concentrated green tea, and It really doesnt suprise me... Heck people have died from drinking an overdose of water, messes up the bodies electrolites I think. Too much of anything is not usually good for you!

Most of the stuff I have read says that 5 or more cups of green tea is about at the top of the benifit you can get from drinking the stuff....I wonder if there is any reasearch on where the cut off point is before it begins to be toxify your body....I would imagine that it would be much more than anyone would ever consider drinking in one day....You gotta remember that the concentrated extract in capsule form is probably equal to like 5 cup of green tea per capsule or something and those people are probably taking mega amounts of the capsules, but whos gonna drink 25 cups of green tea everyday. Many folk in China drink 5+ cups a day and they seem to outlive most Westerners. Sooo, Id guess that more than around 7 to 10 cups a day is probably a little much, but even at that point its probably fine.

Last edited by moderator2; 02-07-2007 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Please do not post websites except as described in the posting rules section titled "How to share information".

Closed Thread