It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2007, 09:29 PM   #1
(female)

sxf919 HB User
Re: Giving up soda

[ref: [url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=258633][/url]

I gave up soda in high school after being scared by a teacher. The amount of empty calories in soda really doesn't do a thing for your health. As a swimmer, 3-5 cans of soda per day were actually slowing me down, not helping me! So, I gave it up. At first I craved it, Mountain Dew, but then I tasted it again one day and I didn't even like it. At that point, I also used to drink Sprite and Coca-cola heavily.

Now, five years later all I drink is water, iced tea, gatorade, and lemonade. I really can't stand any other drinks. Mostly though I get water cuz it's cheap, always available, good for you, and it has no sugar so it won't weigh you down. I've tried tasting my old favorites: Sprite was too lemony, Coca-cola was too sugary, and Mountain Dew was just disgusting. If I ever have a soda, I can't even finish the can and I find that I burp A LOT! Plus, the only soda that now satisfies my taste buds is Pepsi, how weird is that??

Anyways, give up soda.. it kinda sux!

Last edited by mod-anon; 07-29-2007 at 10:41 PM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:37 AM   #2
(male)

bruiser93 HB User
Smile Re: Giving up soda

Wait. So if you stop drinking it, it will make you faster at swimming. Man, I wish I new that last year! Where I'm going I can't swim Well there goes one of my hobbies. Thanks for the info. I like coca-cola zero anyway its still tasty and it says there are no calories. I dont think that makes much of a difference but its a start to being healthier. Is Coca-cola zero any different from Coca-cola, just as a health thing I mean.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread