It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2008, 02:57 AM   #1
(female)

leisao40281 HB User
chamomile and green tea how much is too much

I brewed up a huge pot (3 letres) of greentea with added chamomile. 2 bags of each, I let the tea bags steep for about 15mins in the morning and drank 3/4 of it by lunch time. I went to lay down and found that I had a tightness in my chest and a rapid heart rate, though I have not had any worries for the past year. I have suffered panic attacks before on caffinated drinks but never brought on by teas without caffiene until now. Is it possible that the green tea could have triggered my panic attacks throughout the day. Even though it says caffiene free. I dont normally drink that much tea in one day. i was hoping to reap some health benefits for the day. perhaps I had too much of a good thing and now its not being so good to me.
would love to here from anyone who has experienced the same thing?

Old 03-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
(male)

Dannnyboy HB User
Re: chamomile and green tea how much is too much

Green tea maker,

You mentioned that you left the tea bags in the hot water for about 15 minutes.

I have tried several green teas, and the directions variy from 1/2 minute to 1 minute for the tea bag in hot water.

I left a bag in for 2 or 3 minutes once, and the taste was more bitter than when I followed the directions.

Hope this is helpful. Dan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2008, 06:06 AM   #3
(male)

Burton108 HB User

yeah, ive read that over-brewing tea teabags can result in a bitter taste due to the polyphenols that give you so many benefits diluting themselves in the water and end up really destroying the tea.

i havent heard of combining Green with camomile tea in such a big way.

i think if you choose to only brew green tea in a pot, soak the bags for about 5 minutes, you will be more satisfyed with the taste.

its strange to thik of what might have caused your panic attacks. but maybe it was coz you combined both types of tea with each other?

Old 12-06-2008, 06:59 PM   #4
(male)

mikenyc617 HB User
Smile Re: chamomile and green tea how much is too much

Hi, the same thing happened to me tonight. I am very sensitive to stimulants, I've had several caffeine induced panic attacks in the past. I have been trying to eliminate caffeine completely, drinking only decaf drinks. I can tell you though that even decaf drinks have caffeine, I read a study saying that only 1 in 20 decaf products actually have 0 caffeine. I also felt hyper and had a panic attack after drinking decaf coffee at home once. Tonight I had 4 bags worth of green tea over the course of 4 hours and started having a classic panic attack soon afterwards. I would bet those decaf teas you're drinking aren't actually caffeine free and that your body is reacting to it.

My view is that green tea may have anti-oxidants that are good for you, but so do many vegetables and they certainly have 0 caffeine. I'm staying away from all teas and coffees, decaf or not from now on. It's just not worth the risk of another panic attack for me. I'll get my anti-oxidants from broccoli and other veggies.

Last edited by mod-anon; 12-06-2008 at 10:27 PM. Reason: removed quote

Old 02-23-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

I think you got it right! Good reasoning! I get almost all of my antioxidants from fruit and veggies too.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #6
(male)

he4lthy we4lthy HB User

lol well 3 litres of most liquids is enough to knock ure average person out. just thought that i wud recommend a product i use called reyvibe. its a saffron tea which i drink most days. its one of those'tonics' which is supposed to help wid ure energy levels. ive found this a more pleasent tasting tea, as opposed to your'e green teas. made by a company in the UK called Mohsin health products

Last edited by mod-anon; 02-28-2009 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Please spell out words so that people can read and understand what you are saying.

Closed Thread