It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2008, 10:44 AM   #1
(male)

bronzebaron HB User
shopping

I have decided to just buy fruits, bread, and good cereal like Special K, plus lo fat milk. Then I'll just eat out. The canned soups and TV dinners are all garbage. Even the so called weight watchers and healthy choice. So, I'll eat at the diner and surrounding restaurants that do not cost much. Your views?

Old 03-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Re: shopping

Most restaurants use cheap food and it is usually loaded with chemicals and almost never organic. It is best to do more grocery shopping, look for organic alternatives. Drink a lot of water, even add a slice of lemon to it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2008, 09:41 AM   #3
(male)

bronzebaron HB User

I've decided to just cut out the microwave stuff. I still buy soups like Progresso and Weight Watchers.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I've been eating less of those microwaved meals (even if they are healthy) and feel more energized and have lost weight as a result. I try to buy foods I really enjoy that are good for me too. If I buy something very healthy that I hate, I won't eat it or I'll eat a bite and waste the rest. I really enjoy berries, baby carrots, things like that... and if I buy the veggies I hate, it'll just be a waste! Try to stick with things you will look forward to eating.

Even with dollar menu's around, I find that most of my meals at home are still cheaper. As a college student, I can't afford to go out to eat all the time and I enjoy eating at home. I like to buy some good meat and grill it on my George Foreman grill, buy things to make healthy sandwiches, stuff like that. Soups are good too... just make sure the kind you get isn't too high in sodium like some are. I also enjoy eating tuna and making fresh salads with chunks of turkey in it and a light dressing.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:04 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Lulubells HB UserLulubells HB User

Why would you rather eat out and not know what you are really eating, how it was handled, prepared or what is really in it? Seems like you are defeating what you are trying to do to me...

However if it works for you, go for it! I live alone and I spent $10 on a meal that I ate from twice then threw out the majority of it so I learned to freeze it or make smaller amounts.

Closed Thread