It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Don't Get to Eat

What are your opinions on this... I'm often on the go and don't get a chance to have dinner or lunch due to my work/college schedule. I don't want to get fast food, so I end up packing a power bar or some kind of meal replacement bar with protein with me. I've tried making a sandwich or salad and packing it with me, but it was too difficult to eat in the car (I don't like to take food in my car and try to keep it very clean) and it would be a distraction to be eating an entire meal during class. I often accidentally forgot to prepare the food ahead of time and would end up not getting to eat at all! Or the food would need to stay cool, so I'd need an ice pack and it would leak water all over the place. Fruit would get smashed too.

It seemed like nothing worked except for taking the power bars! I know these often have a ton of ingredients in them and are not natural... but I don't know what else to do! I don't do this every day and probably just a few times a week... so do you all think this would be fine? I usually stick with a bar with lots of protein in it and with lots of vitamins. I don't eat chocolate, so I stick with different flavors. I enjoy Powerbars, Balance Bars, and Pure Protein bars.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2008, 08:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

music47 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Don't Get to Eat

TUR

The power bars have a lot of protein and vitamins. Fruit such as an apple and some nuts would also add some variety.

Take care, Nadine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2008, 08:55 PM   #3
(female)

ljenner831 HB User
Re: Don't Get to Eat

The Powerbar is fine, but try adding a piece of fruit (an apple or a banana is easiest) with it. I used to go straight from work to school so I would often pack a bar and an apple.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Thank you for the replies! That's a great idea to eat some fruit. I do like to eat almonds as well and buy them every now and then. I eat a lot of fruit at home so I'll try taking an apple with me or something! Thanks.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

leea1206 HB Userleea1206 HB User

For variety, you might want to make a tried and true peanut butter sandwich on whole grain bread. - this will carry you through the day.

Nuts are a great fuel, as stated before and easy to pack. - the extra fat in nuts will also keep you going, so you don't get too hungry. Apples,bananas, pears, dried fruit and carrot sticks are also easy to pack, high fiber/water, so you don't get hungry.

Hope this helps.
Leea

Old 05-18-2008, 09:56 AM   #6
(male)

MrCooker HB User

If you want a quick breakfast, get some fruits. You could mix them in a salad so you get the best of all the fruits. Some of the fruits you could use are; apples, bananas, peers, oranges and so on. Just pick the ones you like most and mix them in a salad. If it doesnít taste great the first time, try to mix different kind of fruit the next time.

You can also make a shake from the fruit mentioned above. Instead of just mixing them together, you could throw the fruit cup/bowl and add some yogurt or low-fat milk to it. And make a shake out of that. As always, this is a proces of trial and error. Just do it often, so you get the taste you want.

I think the most important part for you is carrying it around. What you could do it is put in a glass with a lid, and drink it while youíre heading to work.

This takes some time to prepare, but it sure is worth it.

Closed Thread