HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Healthy Lifestyle (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/healthy-lifestyle/)
-   -   splenda dangerous? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/healthy-lifestyle/611607-splenda-dangerous.html)

son1981 06-21-2008 09:25 AM

splenda dangerous?

I use a lot of splenda because it makes me feel like im eating sugar yet no calories! I was wondering do you really think its dangerous? Some people seem to think it can cause cancer?

chocolate29 06-22-2008 12:55 PM

Re: splenda dangerous?

Ask yourself two questions.

Is it a natural substance that hasn't been altered?

Is it a chemical?

If it is a chemical then obviously you can't trust it and it may cause cancer.
If it is a natural substance that is digestible then it is ok.

If you do some searches on it that would be enlightening for you I'm sure. :)
hope this helps

m_i_c_h_e_l_l_e 07-18-2008 09:19 PM

arifical sweetners make me sick, there is alot of warnings on the internet about splenda, don't use it

chocolate29 07-19-2008 03:45 PM

[QUOTE=m_i_c_h_e_l_l_e;3653781]arifical sweetners make me sick, there is alot of warnings on the internet about splenda, don't use it[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Thanks Michelle

bobby0512 07-21-2008 05:48 AM

Splenda is not good for you.

I like to say sucralose, not Splenda, because that is what Splenda is. And it is in a lot of stuff. The package doesn't have to say Splenda to have sucralose in it. You have to read labels.

Nobody knows if it causes cancer, or not, because there has not been any long term studies/test on humans.

A lot of people, including myself, have gotten/are getting sick from it.

Sucralose is poison. It ruined five years of my life. I had a laundry list of medical problems while taking it. I went to several doctors. I had a dozen different tests. I was told that I had a number of different problems. I was on different medication for many years.

The slogan, "Made from sugar..." is very misleading. Splenda might be made from sugar, but it is far from sugar. The resulting chemical is simply chlorinated sugar; a chlorocarbon. Common chlorocarbons include carbon tetrachloride, trichlorethelene and methylene chloride, all deadly.

carbon monoxide - made from oxygen so its like a breath of fresh air.

ballin4388 08-23-2008 10:08 PM

I know that sweet and low is terribly bad for you, but is equal?

Thanks for everyones knowledge and input on this subject, btw!

Harry 09-07-2008 11:16 PM

I think some artificial sweeteners are OK if used in moderation. This includes Splenda.

I would be more concerned with the chlorinated water that Most of us drink many times daily!!

drs 09-08-2008 05:14 AM

Artificial sweetners tell the body there is a lot of sugar in the system, but then the system is going nuts trying to find the sugar and regulate it. I think it screws up all the sensors in our system when using any fake sugars.

If I use any sugar I use the ones that say unprocessed natural, no bleaching or processing.