It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2008, 10:52 AM   #1
(female)

seargentdimples HB User
eating healthy makes my stomach hurt??

I have been trying to lose weight, but when I eat healthy, it makes my stomach hurt, and I get bloated. It is in my upper stomach area, and makes me look 9 months pregnant. I also have started drinking diet pop, to cut down on calories. I always look pregnant though, have been told the muscles in the abdomen area have separated....

Any idea's what would make this happen?? Thanks

Old 07-22-2008, 03:46 AM   #2
(female)

blondy08 HB User
Re: eating healthy makes my stomach hurt??

I would suggest not drinking pop at all - especially diet ones, which have aspartame in it which is very dangerous. Carbonated drinks will not help with the bloating so try and switch to juice and water - water is imperative for a healthy lifestyle. A lot of the time when people think they are hungry, they are in fact just thirsty. Next time you feel hungry, try drinking a glass of water instead of eating. If you are still feeling hungry after this then go ahead and eat, but give water a chance first, i think you will be surprised at the results!!
As for the bloating after eating, I really don;t know, i would see your gp.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2008, 03:26 AM   #3
(female)

MissRuby HB User

If you've not eaten healthy foods for a long time your body at first can react to them like they are an 'intruder'. The detox process can also make you feel and look bloated, feel sick, get headaches and make you think there's something medically wrong with you but the fact is, it's doing you good.
However, what do you mean by the muscles in the abdomen area have separated? That doesn't sound normal at all.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

nscrbug HB User

Dump the diet pop and all carbonated beverages, for that matter. Getting rid of the carbonated drinks in your diet, will help immensely with the bloating. When you say "eating healthy"...are you taking in more fiber than usual? If you are, that might also account for the bloating and tummy ache...especially if you aren't drinking tons of water. When you add more fiber to your diet, you absolutely NEED to drink lots of water to push that fiber through your system...otherwise it just sits there and will eventually "clog" you up..if you know what I mean.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
(female)

littleshelly HB User

Artificial sweeteners can cause bloating and have been linked to obesity. Drink water and green tea instead. What is your diet like? What are you eating. What some people consider healthy is not. Processed foods, artificial crap, simple carbs, diet and fat free foods. Clean/balanced eating is the key.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:20 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Sounds like the foods you are eating are causing a lot of bloating! I find that I have a very sensitive stomach and have to watch what I eat to avoid this from happening. I can't eat too many vegetables or anything with too much fiber. I have a pretty healthy diet, but my stomach doesn't tolerate certain foods very well and it will hurt so much. Try to look for patterns and see if you can determine when it happens the worst. Also, some natural foods are often tougher on the stomach than processed foods. You might want to do more of a gradual switch to all the healthier foods so your stomach can slowly adjust. A natural pill like Beano can help with bloating as well. I'd also recommend cutting out any kinds of soda right now, since carbonation can cause bloating too (especially if the air bubbles just sit in your stomach!). I love diet green tea.. it helps with bloating and water weight and tastes good. I'm not a big tea drinker, but I do like the citrus diet green teas by Lipton. You can also try crystal light or a similar drink for a calorie-free replacement. Lastly, drink plenty of water! Water will also help flush out a lot of that extra water weight. You can even squeeze some lemon juice into the water. Another tip is to eat slowly and skip straws to keep out extra air from getting into your stomach.

Closed Thread