It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
(female)

ballin4388 HB User
What is the fastest way to rid the body of all impurities?

I guess it would be called, total body detox? Something that actually works.
Thanks!!!

Old 08-23-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
(female)

ballin4388 HB User
What is the fastest way to detox your body of all impurities?

Any advice on this subject would be useful. I know they have those detox things at GNC, and I did a week long detox, and i dont think it did anything at all. AND it was 45 dollars!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: What is the fastest way to rid the body of all impurities?

"Toxin" is a very general term. What are you trying to detox from?

If you're worried about overall bad food/air/water, I'd recommend a gradual change to a healthier lifestyle kicked off by a simple fast. A nutritionist can tailor make a fast for your specific needs and counsel you on healthier food choices.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:36 PM   #4
(female)

ballin4388 HB User

Alchohol, Cigarette Smoke, and chemicals, i supposse. Your ideas would be appreciated!!

Old 08-28-2008, 01:44 AM   #5
(female)

paulahu HB User

Sorry, but there is no such thing as a detox.

AuntieLeela is right you need to switch to a healthy life style.

Your liver will sort out lots of the impurities in your body in no time (hours/days) - alcohol etc.

Cigarette smoke however causes damage to the lungs and although I guess this can recover - months/years (no expert on this).

Actually come to think of it alcohol can cause damage to the organs too - maybe this will take time to heal too - some damage may even be permanent...

Sorry to be the prophet of doom.

Last edited by paulahu; 08-28-2008 at 01:46 AM.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:06 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: What is the fastest way to detox your body of all impurities?

It would help to know exactly what toxins you have in your body that you are trying to get rid of. Without specifics, how will you ever know if a "detox regimen" is working? If there's a reliable test for it, have that test done by your family doctor.

But first, ask yourself the following: 1) What symptoms do I have that lead me to believe I have excess toxins to get rid of? 2) Why wouldn't my body automatically get rid of these toxins by natural means?

Last edited by mod-anon; 10-16-2008 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Please use the Quick Reply button instead of Quote Reply.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:21 AM   #7
(female)

MissRuby HB User

I've heard of people doing 10 day water fasts, 10 day juice fasts or some kind of 30 day raw-vegan detox. However, I'm not sure if the water and juice fasts would be safe and if they're even proven so you might want to do some more research if your interested.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:05 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

I am guessing the fastest way to rid toxins is to have a high colonic irrigation. Not something that are normally done at home but at Colonic Clinics.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:06 AM   #9
(female)

lindsay06 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin4388 View Post
Any advice on this subject would be useful. I know they have those detox things at GNC, and I did a week long detox, and i dont think it did anything at all. AND it was 45 dollars!
I know that there's organic supplement that can help to detox your body.
and at the same time gives vitamins/minerals in your body. You
should take supplement like this.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:40 AM   #10
(male)

sugaragus HB User

As a family, we are trying to do this too. We have young kids and are hoping to start them early with this process so that all the 'impurities' do not build up in their bodies and hoping we can reverse the effects of the damage that we have done so far. Here is what we have done so far. We've switched to organic foods for the important foods where it makes sense and douesn't cost too much. ( Milk, peanut butter, some fruits and vegetables that you don't peel..apples, carrots, etc.) Most stores like Jewel, Target, Trader Joes all sell and the price is reasonable. We've switched to Stainless Steel Cups for drinking instead of plastic because of the adverse health effects of plastic. <removed> We've also switched to green cleaning products like 7th generation and we do not use pesticides any more. Hopefully this information gives you some ideas. Let me know any suggestions that you have. Thank you

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-11-2009 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Do not post commercial websites. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Closed Thread