It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2008, 07:08 AM   #1
(male)

palensick HB User
Healthy lifestyle but look awful

About 6 months ago I started taking all the different kinds of vitamins and herbal supplements that might be useful to me, and to make sure my body has enough of everything. Had a blood test recently and came back fine, it was also checked for anemia. So, about 6 weeks ago I gave up Cigarettes, tea, fizzy drinks, alcohol, and now only drink 2 litres of water a day plus 1 to 2 cups of coffee in the morning. I eat reasonably well, I have usually a bran flakes for breakfast, then eggs or chicken for lunch, spaghetti bol for dinner or something else. I don't eat much veg but I get the nutrients anyway. I don't really exercise, although I am a skinny person, my weight doesn't fluctuate. I wash my face with expensive ph neutral face washes and moisturise with loreal stuff specifically designed for mens skin and I get 8 hours of sleep a night. So anyway, I look at myself in the cold light of day and I still look crap, just as crap as I did when I lived on coffee and cigarettes, my eyes are dull and almost glazed, my skin condition is good but my complexion is ill pale looking. A guy I live with he doesn't drink water, just coffee, and diet coke, is overweight by a lot, doesn't eat any more healthily than me, gets probably 4-6 hours sleep a night, is diabetic, 25 years older, and still looks healthier than me. Why? I feel so fed up with myself. Maybe I have cancer or something, at least that would be a reasonable explanation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2008, 09:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Healthy lifestyle but look awful

Sometimes it just takes time for your body to adjust to a new regimen. You should give it more time and ease up on your worrying. If you want to do something more than what you're doing now (and you did make a lot of great changes) try to incorporate some healthgiving dark green leafy vegetables in your diet (both cooked and raw). The problem is that you can't get all the nutrients of vegetables by taking supplements. No amount of pills can ever be equal to actually eating lots of high nutrient vegetables.

Another possibility is that you might be taking too many vitamins and herbs in combinations that is taxing to your body. If you don't have any particular health problem and no vitamin deficiency, I would dump the supplements and start eating a wide variety of vegetables instead. See how many different kinds and colors you can combine in a meal. Try making both vegetable soups and salads and incorporate whole grains.

Good luck.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User
Re: Healthy lifestyle but look awful

Quote:
Originally Posted by palensick View Post
I eat reasonably well, I have usually a bran flakes for breakfast, then eggs or chicken for lunch, spaghetti bol for dinner or something else. I don't eat much veg but I get the nutrients anyway. I don't really exercise, although I am a skinny person, my weight doesn't fluctuate.
It would be better to eat more vegetables with the rest of your food (instead of relying on just supplements) and do some exercise (preferably some sport that you like doing, or doing something useful like commuting by running or bicycling). Although you may want to see a doctor about your condition and whether you need to take any precautions when beginning to exercise (very unfit people need to start at what may seem like very low intensity and build up to higher intensities).

Closed Thread