It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2010, 03:34 AM   #1
(male)

Greenjuice HB User
Let's alkaline our bodies :)

I have a pretty balanced ph, a little more alkaline than acidic (especially in the morning). < edited >

I keep my body very alkaline in the morning/midmorning for my medication to have better effectiveness: Kelp, Whey protein, kombucha tea, and golden seal seem to keep my meds very effective

Last edited by hb-mod; 01-16-2010 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Please do not post disallowed Internet websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks!

Old 03-27-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

starryGal09 HB UserstarryGal09 HB User
Re: Let's alkaline our bodies :)

Good topic!! I have been reading on the subject of alkalinity lately like crazy. Just trying to keep cancer at bay and cancer loves oxygen starved cells and an acidy environment.
Love my fresh veggies in my juicer. Love my protein shakes.

Trying to cut down on that awful sugar and use stevia/local organic honey if at all.

Thanks!!

The Following User Says Thank You to starryGal09 For This Useful Post:
nakonella (02-04-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryGal09 View Post
Just trying to keep cancer at bay and cancer loves oxygen starved cells and an acidy environment.
I'm trying to prevent cancer too so I eat a plant based diet. The only exception is that I have about one ounce of wild salmon every morning before breakfast. The main culprit, as far as promoting cancer, is animal protein. This was explained in the book, "The China Study" by
T Colin Campbell PhD.

Animal protein can cause one to be acidic but there's more to the story when it comes to promoting or preventing cancer. Animal protein/acidity can also cause bone loss. The above book covers the whole story.

I've been on my plant based diet for 4 years and am very happy with it.

Last edited by JohnR41; 05-08-2010 at 09:35 AM. Reason: error

Old 09-03-2010, 01:41 AM   #4
(female)

kise889 HB User

ive been avoiding acid food too, especially because of preventing acid reflux but i havent ate enough fruits and vegetables

Old 09-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Since my previous post on this thread (5-8-10) I have learned more about this subject. It's not just animal protein that turns to acid when metabolized, it is grain too. Grains are high in purines and purines turn to uric acid when metabolized.

This "new" information has caused me to rethink my plant based diet. For the past four years I had been getting almost all of my protein from legumes and grain. If both animal protein and grains have serious drawbacks, where should I get my protein?

In the book, "Green For Life" the author claims that we can get all the protein we need from leafy greens, vegetables and fruits. However, one would need to eat between 1 to 1.5 pounds of mainly leafy greens per day.

I'm now eating as little animal protein as posible while eating more and more leafy greens, vegetables, nuts and some non-sweet fruits. Will I be able to switch over to 100% leafy greens, vegetables, nuts and fruits? I'm trying but only time will tell. :-)

Old 10-14-2010, 06:24 AM   #6
(male)

Lifejoy HB User

Hi John,

juicing your leafy greens allows you to consume far more than would be practical by eating or even blending them in a high speed blender. The only drawback is that most of the fibre is destroyed when juicing. To increase your fibre intake blend a table spoon of linseed(flaxseed) then add the rest of your smoothie ingredients. It is important to grind the seed in this way as they pass through your system in their natural state. Using cucumber as a base for all green juice works very well.

To your health
Werner

Last edited by Lifejoy; 10-14-2010 at 06:26 AM. Reason: add explanation

Old 10-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifejoy View Post
juicing your leafy greens......The only drawback is that most of the fibre is destroyed when juicing. To increase your fibre intake blend a table spoon of [ground] linseed(flaxseed).....
Thanks for the idea but I'm afraid it would not be the same when you trade flaxseed for the fiber in leafy greens. Seeds, of any kind, are usually high in phytates and soaking only removes a percentage of it. Also, leafy greens, like flaxseeds, contain omega-3 but probably not in the same ratio to omega-6. I think I have more trust for the healthful properties of whole leafy greens.

In the end, I think I will just have to eat a little low fat protein after eating as much greens and non-starchy veggies as possible. Anyway, after giving it some thought, I want to build more muscle and I doubt I can do it without some lean protein. But I appreciate your suggestion.

Last edited by JohnR41; 10-18-2010 at 01:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 12-23-2010, 06:09 AM   #8
(male)

leedaegil HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenjuice View Post
I have a pretty balanced ph, a little more alkaline than acidic (especially in the morning). < edited >

I keep my body very alkaline in the morning/midmorning for my medication to have better effectiveness: Kelp, Whey protein, kombucha tea, and golden seal seem to keep my meds very effective

Hi,
Can i enquire how do you know whether u have a balanced ph. Do you undergo any test?
thanks

Closed Thread