It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
(male)

UnSven HB User
Question Humidifier and Sleep - Please Help

Hello, Iím trying to find a humidifier. I am cursed with an extremely dry room, which I believe is contributing to sleepless nights. I have read that getting a humidifier helps put moisture in the air and allow you to sleep easier. Is this true and if so which one would you recommend and what kind of store is the best place to purchase one?

Old 04-11-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Humidifier and Sleep - Please Help

I do believe a humidifier would help especially if you find your having any sinus issues with the dry heat.

There are several good brands out there but it also depends on if you want a floor model or one just to put on the nightstand. I have the floor model in my livingroom as I find the ones for the tables sometimes will get the furniture wet from the steam and ruin it. If you do go for the table model, perhaps you can pick up a cheap small plastic table and set it on that.

Good luck...JJ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Humidifier and Sleep - Please Help

UnSven,

From my experience, rooms tend to be dry in the winter if you have the wrong heating system. For example, space heaters "fry" the air and make it bone dry. In that case there is a simple solution. Replace your space heaters with portable radiator type heaters. They cost a little more (about 45 dollars each?) but are well worth the money. Many stores like Walmart will have them but it's a seasonal item so I'm not sure if they will be in stock at this time.

Another idea is to moisturize from the inside by drinking plenty of water during the day. Keeping yourself well hydrated can make a big difference.

I once had a floor-model humidifier and it got to be a problem. You need to add water and keep the water clean. If the water gets stale with bacteria, you will be putting polutants into the air. And it's a job to keep the water fresh and clean, in my opinion.

Closed Thread