It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
(male)

cobwebb HB User
Exclamation Sleep Problems!

All through middle school and part of high school (I am now recently graduated) I spent my weekends, summer, and any other chance I got to sleep in. I had some friends - who are very active and healthy - tell me how much better it is to wake up early. And as the saying goes, "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy and wealthy and wise." I later practiced some self-discipline and decided to heed their advice and found it to be true! It truly makes you feel and perform so much better! And the wealthy part is true as well because I become very productive and get much done.
However, I have recently gone through much mental illness and have been on Fluoxetine (Prozac). After therapy and other practices, I became much healthier and was removed from the medication; ever since then I have always been sleeping in till AT LEAST ten. This has made my days so much shorter and much less productive! I often don't even start my day until after noon. And it is very depressing as well.
Can anyone give me any advice to help me get back on the right track? Thanks

Last edited by cobwebb; 06-18-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:45 AM   #2
(male)

summerever HB User
Re: Sleep Problems!

I think it's just a habit,which you should change ,make a plan for your life,refer to when to study,when to eat,when to execrise,and do it seriously,it would be better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Sleep Problems!

I think it would be best to set your alarm clock just a little earlier, maybe 9:45, do that for a few days, then gradually keep setting it earlier. I think it will take your body time to adjust. Even then, you might still not enjoy waking up early! I'm 25 and have been getting up around the same time on weekdays for at least 10 years now and I still have trouble waking up. I hate mornings! On the weekends, I sometimes do sleep in very late. I don't always get enough sleep during the weekdays, so I also recommend making sure you aren't staying up too late. Hopefully soon you will be back to how you were before! good luck!

Closed Thread