It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
(male)

010 HB User
Advice from experts

My plan is to completely reshape my entire life. I want to establish a diet, not to lose weight, if anything to gain weight, but mainly to purge my body of unnatural things and chemicals, anything that might be poisoning me in some manner, and also to just basically increase my health. In a nutshell, I want to optimize my health, basically make it as perfect as possible, and help my mind and body to work their best. I'm male, sixteen and a half years old, I'm roundabouts 6'2" tall, and I only weigh about 125 pounds, so I think perhaps it would be wise for me to eat more, and get a more healthy weight. This is an important thing that I want from you. Please help in any way you can. My opinion on vegetarianism is that it's good only because people eat too much meat, and processed, unhealthy meat at that. I want to limit meat consumption, but I think it will be a healthy part of my diet. I don't feel the slightest qualms about eating animals (that's an entirely different philosphy of mine).

I'd also like to establish an exercise regimen. Mostly to improve cardiovascular health, but also partially to get strong. I want to exercise a lot every single day, and it has to be sustainable, nothing to get tired about. I don't have the slightest interest in getting built. Much of this reason is to increase my longevity, and not degenerate when I'm old. When I'm sixty years old, I want to be beating my grandchildren at football (currently I can't beat anyone at football. Yes, I'm that skinny dorky kid.) I don't want the day to come when I can no longer exert myself physically. Of course, I want this to be doable and long-term, not some extreme system, but I'll tell you that I tend to have a lot of energy and I can deal with intense exercise. Remember, my goal is to increase strength, endurance, and health over the long-term and create a sustainable routine, hopefully to be continued every single day for the rest of my life, and improved on. Eventually I think I'll take up kinds of training like tai chi and such, to really get myself into ship-shape, but I'll figure this out later, by myself; just FYI.

I generally go to sleep about 10:00 and my mom make me get up at 5 A.M. to go to this church class, and yet, I can never get to sleep till 10. I don't really ever feel tired though, although I do do a lot of sleeping in morning classes sometimes, and before school starts. This is pretty good as is, I think, but if you have advice, it would be good.

Advice regarding mental health would be helpful, but I think I'm pretty good as it is. I practice meditation, and I do math and am constantly learning and exercising my mind, and I'm learning a new language, and I plan to learn more eventually (right now I'm trying to decide on one for now, in addition to Spanish).

As for my current situation, I rarely exercise unless the oppurtunity comes up, I eat cereal usually for breakfast, a PB&J sandwich for lunch, with an apple, and perhaps some other things, and for dinner I eat what my mom makes, which is usually a large meal with meat, sometimes lots and sometimes not, but generally large and with lots of protein. Like I stated earlier, I'm male, sixteen and a half, 6'2", I sleep from approximately 10:00 to pretty accurately 5:00 A.M., I meditate, do math, and learn language, and in other ways exercise my mind. I'm looking for advice in all areas.

Anything else that you can think of would also be helpful. I realize that I'll have to figure a lot of this out on my own, but I'd just like advice on things that I might not figure out otherwise, and specific tips. Don't answer unless you know what you're talking about.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
(male)

010 HB User
Re: Advice from experts

No one? No one has any ideas? Please? I'm still here.

Closed Thread