It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
(male)

RaT48 HB User
How to change my lifestyle

Hello,

I'm 6ft tall
male
21 yrs old
150lbs

I had a bad life style. Not a lot of sleep, not a lot of healthy food, a lot of coffee, a lot of fast food and so on, a lot of stress!!! and not a lot of physical exercise.

On Friday 11/18 I was throwing up in the morning. Since I did not eat anything that morning I only vomited saliva and I think mucus. (Color of mucus was yellow, and than green.) On Monday 11/21 I was so weak that I could not get out of bed, I went to the hospital for dehydration. They gave me 2 liters of IV and than sent me home.

It's been almost 2 weeks now and I still feel weak and my stomach is giving me weird noises. I don't know what to do to have energy again.

I started drinking a lot of water and eating a little more fruits. I also started walking about 15-25 minutes a day, depending how I feel.

Is there something wrong with me that I'm so weak? I need some advice.

P.S. I was watching a lot of videos on the quality of water and I came to a conclusion that all the waters are bad for you, especially the bottled ones. Can anyone recommend a healthy good water? I know it seems like a stupid question, but %60 of the body is water so I would rather avoid the bad kind.

Thank You in advance

Old 12-02-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: How to change my lifestyle

Water....oh water. Did you know that too much water can kill you too? Dilutes the electrolytes of the blood and your heart can shut down. Add in some orange juice for nutrients or cranberry juice or milk. Tea can be very healthful and even coffee has it's benefits.

I had a really bad bout with gastroenteritis like you had and ended up in the ER getting fluids and was feeling sick for a couple of weeks...nasty bugs going around this year. First time I've ever had to go to the ER for fluids in my 60 years.

So my doc told me to slowly start adding back fluids and food that were easy on my system. You need salt help hold the fluid in your blood so make sure you eat some salty foods. Believe it or not, drinks like Gatorade can make you worse so you are better off with something like gingerale...ginger helps with nausea. If you want something that will help...try the kids Pedialyte...it is formulated for electrolyte balance much better than anything sports drink.

If you really want to change your lifestyle, start slowly and work on one thing at a time. Eat a very wide and diverse diet of colorful foods and don't avoid salt but do watch how much you take in. If you are thirsty, drink whatever but remember, the body often sends signals of thirst when it really needs food and is looking for nutrients and not just water. Give it a good healthy juice like orange juice.

Keep walking but remember to hydrate before and after.

And s-l-e-e-p. Nothing is better for your body that sleep. The body and brain need time to just fix your body without having to work on everything you do while awake. Give it healing sleep time and you'll feel a whole lot better.

Good luck.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jennybyc For This Useful Post:
abusayeed (12-06-2011), RaT48 (12-02-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
(male)

RaT48 HB User

Thank you for the reply,

I'm starting to drink a wide variety of drinks from water, tea, sobe life water, apple juice, orange juice and so on. I have been eating a lot more because I'm hungry more often now. Slowly, but I am starting to feel a little bit better. I never liked running so my cardio excesses consists on slow walking. I'm sleeping about 8 hours a day which I think is ok for my body.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
(male)

davee76 HB User

The most important thing you can do is start small with lifestyle changes. If you try to do a massive amount of changes all at once, it can become overwhelming and lead to giving up. Just pick one or two things to change and wait until they become habits before changing something else. Good luck.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:41 PM   #5
(male)

jttn90 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaT48 View Post
Hello,

I'm 6ft tall
male
21 yrs old
150lbs

I had a bad life style. Not a lot of sleep, not a lot of healthy food, a lot of coffee, a lot of fast food and so on, a lot of stress!!! and not a lot of physical exercise.

On Friday 11/18 I was throwing up in the morning. Since I did not eat anything that morning I only vomited saliva and I think mucus. (Color of mucus was yellow, and than green.) On Monday 11/21 I was so weak that I could not get out of bed, I went to the hospital for dehydration. They gave me 2 liters of IV and than sent me home.

It's been almost 2 weeks now and I still feel weak and my stomach is giving me weird noises. I don't know what to do to have energy again.

I started drinking a lot of water and eating a little more fruits. I also started walking about 15-25 minutes a day, depending how I feel.

Is there something wrong with me that I'm so weak? I need some advice.

P.S. I was watching a lot of videos on the quality of water and I came to a conclusion that all the waters are bad for you, especially the bottled ones. Can anyone recommend a healthy good water? I know it seems like a stupid question, but %60 of the body is water so I would rather avoid the bad kind.

Thank You in advance
It looks like you kind of answered your own question, starting with "I had a bad life style..." But it looks like you're taking measures to get back into shape, like drinking more water, sleeping at regular times, exercising and eating more fresh foods. I guess the reason why you're feeling weak is because you're not eating 'real' foods like meat, poultry, fish, eggs, grains or vegetables. But if your stomach isn't up to it yet, then you should take in some electrolyte replacement drinks like Elete or Clif Bar in the meantime.

Closed Thread