It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2011, 02:27 AM   #1
(female)

Keisha12 HB User
Exclamation Body Odor that I have and people at work only smell it!!

Bo aka Body Odor seems to be my problem. I can't smell it myself, but I can kind of tell by the hints people try to drop, their body language coupled with violent fits coughing, sneezing, sniffling, and irregular breathing (carefully-regulated mouth-breathing) at work, stores and church... I metioned to one doctor that i've recently noticed I've develped a smell when started takin the medicine that a doctor told me to take for a rash, but he told me that will NOT give me a BO, and he said he didn't smell anything... I asked my mom as well and she dont smell nothing at all...

I wash very thoroughly with dial, level 2000 soaps oh black soap too, use tons of detergent, now the back of my legs and butt itch...now how can I stop it from itching as well. I'm sick of hearing everyday at work about how "someone smells." They've said it smells like funk, feet, beer, 'poo.' (I really dont know if that what it smell like, but one day I smelled myself and it smelled like a homeless person), Oh sometimes I can smell it slightly when I first arrive at work, most strongly at the spot where Im working sometimes. but after working I dont smell it. I would go to the bathroom to smell myself and if its really bad I can smell it alil and if it not as bad I cant smell it at all...

Now I was reading some stories on here about the same problem I have, but It just started, No! it was not goin on for years, only for 3 weeks now... The feed back I seen to some stories were talkin about doing the Master Cleanser or the lemon diet, washing there clothes with 20 mule team Borax... Now will that help? I really want to get the detergent from off my skin as well, so what to use for that? Oh and Im goin to clean my house as well cuz I could be living in the odor and dont know it!!... Well PLEASE help me cuz I cant call off work no more!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2011, 08:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Body Odor that I have and people at work only smell it!!

You know, maybe it's not you. Maybe it's something else at work that smells bad. If it was coming from you, people elsewhere would notice it.

Stop damaging your skin with too much soap. Take your clothes that you used too much detergent on and wash them again in plain water. Too much detergent doesn't make them any cleaner. Take a cool shower, no soap, and switch to a milder soap from now on. Dial is one of the harshest soaps out there, and it should not be used on the skin regularly.

If you are really concerned, go buy a perfume that you like, and put a drop on each side of your neck. Use a gentle deodorant before you dress in the morning.

If there's someone at work you trust, at least a little bit, come right out and ask, "Do I smell bad? I try to shower a lot, but I can't be sure."

Last edited by janewhite1; 12-03-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
(female)

Keisha12 HB User
Angry Re: Body Odor that I have and people at work only smell it!!

I found out where the body odor was comin from, I had candida. I went to the doctors and told him about the yeast infection I had and the med that doc had give me didnt work, so he give me doxycyclin for the rash on my neck and face... SO I looked up doxycyclin and found out that I have this rash because of the yeast infection that was there to long.

but why do I have a BO? Im really not likin this.

Oh I had asked one coworker that seem like he was kool, "Do I smell"? He said no he dont smell nothing. but one night at work I a fiber bar and that thing have a LOT of sugar in it< Im not goin to eat that no more.. but after that my body start havin a BO..

I NEED SOME HELP!!!

Old 12-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
(female)

Keisha12 HB User

Well I had wrote this about a year ago and now I still have the same problem and I working at a new job.. It seem like I can't get no help on my BO I been dating a guy now and he says he don't smell nothing and he is so tired of me asking he he smell me.. What to do about my BO?

Old 12-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Hi, a yeast infection may be caused by antibiotics because the good bacteria that holds a yeast infection infection in check are destroyed. A method to keep this from happening is to take probiotics. actually it is a good idea to take them anyway for good digestive and immune health. I would guess any BO you may have would be a result of this bacteria imbalance. Probiotics may be found in any drug or health food store. Hope this helps

Old 01-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #6
(female)

Sister D HB User
Smile Re: Body Odor that I have and people at work only smell it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keisha12 View Post
Bo aka Body Odor seems to be my problem. I can't smell it myself, but I can kind of tell by the hints people try to drop, their body language coupled with violent fits coughing, sneezing, sniffling, and irregular breathing (carefully-regulated mouth-breathing) at work, stores and church... I metioned to one doctor that i've recently noticed I've develped a smell when started takin the medicine that a doctor told me to take for a rash, but he told me that will NOT give me a BO, and he said he didn't smell anything... I asked my mom as well and she dont smell nothing at all...

I wash very thoroughly with dial, level 2000 soaps oh black soap too, use tons of detergent, now the back of my legs and butt itch...now how can I stop it from itching as well. I'm sick of hearing everyday at work about how "someone smells." They've said it smells like funk, feet, beer, 'poo.' (I really dont know if that what it smell like, but one day I smelled myself and it smelled like a homeless person), Oh sometimes I can smell it slightly when I first arrive at work, most strongly at the spot where Im working sometimes. but after working I dont smell it. I would go to the bathroom to smell myself and if its really bad I can smell it alil and if it not as bad I cant smell it at all...

Now I was reading some stories on here about the same problem I have, but It just started, No! it was not goin on for years, only for 3 weeks now... The feed back I seen to some stories were talkin about doing the Master Cleanser or the lemon diet, washing there clothes with 20 mule team Borax... Now will that help? I really want to get the detergent from off my skin as well, so what to use for that? Oh and Im goin to clean my house as well cuz I could be living in the odor and dont know it!!... Well PLEASE help me cuz I cant call off work no more!!
Hi I just noticed that my skin smells like the homeless also, the strange thing is that I take baths at least 2 times a day. I only smell it when I close my bedroom door, and I said (what is that smell?) little did I know it was me. I have been reading your articles I just started taking probiotics, I heard about it from Dr OZ. May be we all can write him together and he can help us with this problem.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

A yeast infection shouldn't make you smell bad, but bacterial vaginosis can make you smell AWFUL. It is a common vaginal bacterial infection and it can start to smell very soon after you bathe. It smells like dead fish. A person's nose gets used to a smell that is there all the time, so it is possible to not smell it yourself, even when others do. This can be treated with Metronidazole, a special antibiotic. I would have this idea checked by an OB/GYN especially if you notice the odor more when you go to the bathroom, when your genital area is exposed or on your underwear.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

I agree that this is something you need to have treated from the inside out, with proper medication. It is true that people can often become immune to body odors after a while.

In the meantime, I would drop the very strong soaps and laundry powders. Rinsing your clothes in a vinegar/lemon juice solution will help free them of any extra soap and add a fresh clean scent to your clothes. Make sure to keep your undergarments clean and if you have to bring a change for halfway through the day, that's ok too. While I would keep perfumes to a minimum, you might want to powder your most vulnerable areas with light dusting of corn starch. It absorbs moisture without any further chemicals.

If you are having vaginal issues, using a pad might absorb the odor before it attaches to your clothing.

Dont give up, whatever you do! And keep a big smile of your face while you beat this thing once and for all.

Closed Thread