It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
(male)

kpm197 HB User
More exercise but now bigger and ill?

i've always been fairly fit and healthy. i'm a 32yr old male, weight was steady at 11.5 stone. i don't drink or smoke. i play football (soccer). i used to go to the gym a couple of years and ago and joined up again a few months ago. i have a high metabolism, which means i could usually get away with eating as much as i wanted but i'm no cookie monster. i never really had anything wrong with me, until...

2-3 months ago i started using the gym more regularly, doing 2x bodypump classes, 1x body combat (cv) class, 1x footy training and 1x footy game, so i currently exercise 5 times a week, and that's going well.

i weighed myself last week and i had put on 6lb and i noticed my belly was bigger, trousers tighter, etc. i was finding myself really hungry a couple of hours after eating.

so i changed my diet and started cutting out unnecessary sugars, ie not eating anything sweet an hour before bed. trying to eat more fibre so i didn't feel so hungry.

around the same time i found i had high blood pressure (around 145/84) so also started to reduce salt intake.

i also feel bloated alot of the time now and my stomach is quite hard.

someone also noticed a slight tinge of yellow in my eyes!

so ever since i started exercising more regularly and striving to improve my diet, i've found i have high blood pressure, i've put on weight, i feel bloated and possible jaundice!

i found out yesterday my dad and grandad have high blood pressure so it could be hereditary, but i would be interested to hear if anyone thinks any of this is connected?

i went to the doctors and have to go back for a blood test next week.

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: More exercise but now bigger and ill?

Hi have you had a lot of carrot juice? If ill many times a jaunice points to a liver difficulty and a bilirubin aught to be done by the doctor. Do you drink alcohol? I would not pump weights in the gymn, some people have ended up with a heart valve difficulty. Walking is said to be the best exercise. Animal products and/or kidney problems or endocrine difficulties might contribute to blood pressure difficulty according to some people. A healthy lifestyle is important. A blood test might also determine whether hepatitis has somehow been contracted.

Closed Thread