HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Healthy Lifestyle (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/healthy-lifestyle/)
-   -   My First Detox (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/healthy-lifestyle/918214-my-first-detox.html)

Forest Cheetah 09-13-2012 05:11 AM

My First Detox

A few days ago I decided to rid my diet of milk. The decision was not planned nor did I want to do it. However countless visits to the doctors about abdominal pain, with no answers, made me wonder if milk was the culprit. What made me come to this conclusion?

About a week back I noticed purple bags under my eyes which has never happened to me before. At the same time the cramping in my lower abdomen felt like knives. I also felt like I was going to vomit 24/7 for days on end. I got x-rays, blood work, urine tests, more blood work, and all sorts of tests with no answers. I was scared. Cysts started forming on my face. This has happened years ago as well, but started happening at a fast pace. These arn't everyday cysts either. They are huge masses of cystic acne that do not go away and if they do by a rare chance, it leaves a scar.

Then while drinking coffee one day loaded with cream, I thought maybe coffee was the culprit. So my first detox was actually coffee. I quit coffee for 4 days and I napped the entire time. I tried to ride on my bicycle but almost fell asleep while I was riding it. It was quite scary. I decided to get home. I even considered napping in the grass I was so tired. I couldn't keep my eyes open no matter how much I slept.

By Day 5 I gained back about 10% of my energy. It was enough to cheer me up. I still hadn't taken milk out of my diet. I was still slabbing miracle whip on my tuna sandwiches.

Then it hit me. I remembered when I got my first cyst on my face. It was so huge my brother named it Alfonso. :P I was 23. During that time I suddenly got extremely "bus sick" without being on a bus whenever I drank milk. Cysts and feeling bus sick at the same time? Had I become lactose intolerant when I was 23?

So with this in mind, I finally quit milk entirely for about 48 hours now. I now have my beloved coffee back in my diet except I am drinking it black. My energy levels are pretty good now, and guess what?

All my acne and cysts are going away and shrinking! No acne product has ever helped my cyst problem. Another thing which I have noticed is that the knife like pain in my abdomen is suddenly gone. This is after 3 weeks of pure torture. I still feel a bit like vomiting but just a bit. It's not nearly as bad as 3 days ago.

I am noticing a lot of mucus build up in my throat. I am wondering if this is from the detox. My body is probably wondering what it is I am doing with quitting coffee a while and now milk!

I won't be having any milk. No cheese, no yogurt, no hidden milk products in things like instant mashed potatoes. None. I almost feel like this will be life changing for me!

No more cysts! No more scary abdominal pain. Best of all though, no more feeling like I'm going to puke all the time.

I want to keep updating this post with any other things that happen to me in the next while during this detox. I am not eating much currently, but I am drinking tons of filtered water and eating a little.

Is it okay if I take a break from eating for the first few days? For some reason I have lost my appetite, but I have a feeling that because I am detoxing it's alright?

Oh and the purple bags under my eyes are gone. :)

P.s. I am sorry for any spelling errors. My detox is making it a bit hard to focus but I feel okay :)

JohnR41 02-18-2013 08:53 AM

Re: My First Detox

If you're lactose intolerant, there's no need to stop eating, just stop consuming dairy products. Your body doesn't stop needing nutrition to maintain itself. Cells are constantly being repaired and rebuilt.