It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

bombom HB User
Question Green tea? What are its benefits?

Hi!

I'm a 40 yr old woman, and I've been a coke a cola drinker alcoholic I guess you could say for most of my life. I could drink practically 1 two litter bottle a day, everyday. I've never been a big eater and I've always tried to watch my weight, but I could never lose weight despite exercise. I was always told it was because of all the coke I would drink. So now I'm slowly getting off of drinking coke, and I'm down to just one glass a day. My goal is to stop completly, and I'm only drinking tea, and water. I've heard that green tea is good for keeping your weight down as well as weight loss. My question is, is drinking green tea cold as effective as drinking it hot? Because I make a pitcher of green tea a day. I like to drink it just like a regular drink so I won't get the cravings for wanting to go back to drinking coke like i was again. I hope I will be able to get some feedback on this issue, thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Green tea? What're its benefits?

Greetings! Peppermint tea and chamomile tea have a better taste in my opinion and because they are herbal are more likely to be a bit healthier. I have heard that caffeine is not that great for the nervous system so I would not use green tea at all. Of course everyone makes his own health care decisions in life. Peace, sjb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2013, 01:53 AM   #3
(female)

lady6920 HB User
Re: Green tea? What're its benefits?

Drink green tea, it's very healthy. Also, if you want lose weight more you can add ginger a little bit to your tea, that's how most people in my country and middle east get rid of fat. Drink green tea hot. And make it more effective there is a specific way of making it... Take boiling hot water, pour it in a teapot and make a round moves with your hand and make teapot become warm. Then, throw water away... after put tea leaves inside the pot and pour a water one more time.. put it on small fire for 2 minutes till all leaves come on the top of water, but dont make let them boil... when they are all on...take up the pot from fire and drink it....It makes tea very tasty and all vitamins in leaves do not die...

Old 02-10-2014, 11:47 PM   #4
(female)

Ella65 HB User
Re: Green tea? What are its benefits?

There are many benefits of green tea and loosing weight is one out of them. As the polyphenol found in green tea works to intensify levels of fat oxidation and the rate at which your body turns food into calories. Thus it will definitely help you in loosing your weight.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:05 PM   #5
(female)

Tionna HB User

I drink green tea daily. I prefer it hot with no sweetners. I usually drink anywhere from 2 to 4 cups a day.

Old 03-01-2014, 11:35 AM   #6
(female)

Tionna HB User

I also wanted to ask if it is possible to drink too much green tea daily?

Old 03-08-2014, 04:18 AM   #7
(male)

Penguinboy55 HB User

Green tea can assist in weight loss and detox. Chamomile can calm the stomach and have an relaxing effect. Peppermint and ginger tea are best for relieving stomach cramps and bloating.

Old 03-08-2014, 06:16 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Green tea is heavy in anti-oxidents which are very valuable for good health. It does come in decaf and I strongly suggest that type. I drink it every day - cold, no sugar.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:40 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

rainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB User

Green tea is good for you, but not to my taste. My daughter drinks it with various fruits in the mix
I prefer Redbush tea and lemon ginger and manuka honey tea
I've had, and liked white tea too

I wouldn't touch fizzy drinks or artificially sweetened drinks

Old 06-06-2014, 04:31 PM   #10
(female)

janis2 HB User

I love green tea. I drink it several times a day.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:21 PM   #11
(female)

Myleen HB User

Green tea have tons of benefits such as weight loss, it can destroy bacteria and viruses that cause throat infections, dental caries and other dental conditions, delays the sign of aging, reduces bad cholesterol, helps regulate glucose levels slowing the rise of blood sugar after eating and more.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:44 AM   #12
(male)

tomp HB User

I wouldn't think that it would matter if you drink green tea cold or hot as you probably would get the same healthy benefits. I rather drink peppermint tea though, green tea just has a weird taste to me.

Old 10-29-2014, 03:56 AM   #13
(male)

Lanceson HB User

i drink green tea everyday, but i preferred mine with no sweeteners

Reply Reply