It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2004, 09:15 AM   #1

stellinator HB User
Ear tube left hole in ear drum...(m)

An ex- ENT put a tube in my left ear (because I kept hearing clicking sounds in that ear) and it fell out leaving a large hole in my eardrum according to the new ENT. I can't hear as well out of that ear obviously. A surgery can repair it (grafting?). Anyway, has anyone had experience with this? Do tubes normally leave holes in eardrums? Should I have the surgery? I'm very angry at my last ENT. I don't think this is normal. Thanx

Old 02-02-2004, 10:52 AM   #2

Doug_T HB User
Re: Ear tube left hole in ear drum...(m)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellinator
An ex- ENT put a tube in my left ear (because I kept hearing clicking sounds in that ear) and it fell out leaving a large hole in my eardrum according to the new ENT. I can't hear as well out of that ear obviously. A surgery can repair it (grafting?). Anyway, has anyone had experience with this? Do tubes normally leave holes in eardrums? Should I have the surgery? I'm very angry at my last ENT. I don't think this is normal. Thanx
How long since the tube fell out? I still have min in, but my dr. told me that when it came out it would most likely take a month or so till the hole healed, with about a 10% chance that it would not, requiring surdery to patch. Maybe it just needs a little time? I woulden't rush for the surgery if its not too bothersome.
DT

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread