It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2004, 06:36 PM   #1

CRL201 HB User
exercise & right ear clog!

When I exercise my right ear clogs up. I can't begin to explain how annoying it is. It seems to occur as soon as my heart rate goes up, and it lasts for quite awhile after I leave the gym.

I just graduated college... so I don't have any insurance. Has this happened to anyone else???

Old 06-26-2008, 06:19 AM   #2
(female)

TheCigee HB User
Re: exercise & right ear clog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRL201 View Post
When I exercise my right ear clogs up. I can't begin to explain how annoying it is. It seems to occur as soon as my heart rate goes up, and it lasts for quite awhile after I leave the gym.

I just graduated college... so I don't have any insurance. Has this happened to anyone else???
I signed up for this forum for this very post. I am so frustrated because the same thing has been happening to me and when I look for an answer online, all I see is clean your ears or it's sweat dripping down or get an irrigator. I take karate and every time I go and work out hard, it clogs. My boyfriend thinks I am just complaining but it's real and annoying. It also happens when I am tired. If it is allergies (I will take a sudafed to make it stop but I dont think it works) then why only when I am tired or exercising? I really want to know if I HAVE to go see an ENT. Dr's are expensive and I don't want to go for something minor. HELP!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2008, 05:44 AM   #3
(male)

Mateus HB User

I too suffer from a blocked/muffled ear (left) when doing heavy cardio exercises. It's a never strange sensation & all you can hear it you breathing & (sometimes) heart beat.

My GP doesnít have any ideas why this is happening & thinks it must be an inner ear problem.

I'm a fit 27 year old male & I had this problem for years!

Also, I don't know if this is linked, but I have a problem breathing through my left nostril (would require an operation to fix).

Similar thread here: [url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=368287[/url]

Last edited by Mateus; 07-24-2008 at 05:52 AM.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:23 AM   #4
(female)

bj08 HB User

See an ENT doctor and they can do a CT scan and tell if your nose problem is from a deviated septum. That means the breathing passage through your nose is crooked essentially and interferring with your air exhange. Sometimes it could be a polyp (small growth inside the sinus cavity)and they can treat a polyp with nasal sprays or surgery. I had a deviated septum & prior to that it felt like my nose was stopped up ALL the time! It was such a relief to have the surgery and for me it was a piece of cake. I had my tonsils and adneoids out at the same time too.

Closed Thread