It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2005, 07:08 AM   #16
(female)

Diane 11 HB User
Re: heart beating in ears

No Tracie I never had braces, however, I do have tmj but my problem started after a hurricane we had here in Fl. I don't know if it could have been from atmospheric changes. (The doctors don't know either) I had allergy testing done and am allergic to just about everything. I may start allergy shots shortly and see what happens. I don't know if I want to have the ent do any cutting in my ear, but hope someone who has had it done would let me know their results. Best of luck with your problem and hope someone out there can help us.

Last edited by Diane 11; 02-04-2005 at 07:14 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

Old 02-05-2005, 02:06 AM   #17
(female)

Seamless HB User
Unhappy Re: heart beating in ears

Yes! I am experiencing a continuous thud in my right ear. It's begun to last a couple of seconds or so. It just gos really fast thuds's. Nothing helps it to go away. My doctor has placed me on zyrtec d, with steroids. Both large and small doses. But nothing helps. At some point during the morning it doesnt seem to bother me. Soon after though it starts slowly and by late afternoon it does it continuously like a wood pecker is tapping away in my ear. it is like there is pressure inside that needs to be released. I've tried holding my nose and blowing so the pressure would give in my ears. Hoping that it would pop. Nothing happened. I've placed the palm of my hand on my ear to suction air out. No response. I've had hearing tests done and the results were perfect. I've been told by my ENT that there isn't any fluid in my ears. Cotton in my ear would make it sound louder. Have you had any good results? Please share any information you can. Right now I'm really considering going to the emergency room. I'm very desperate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2005, 02:14 AM   #18
(female)

Seamless HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamless
Yes! I am experiencing a continuous thud in my right ear. It's begun to last a couple of seconds or so. It just gos really fast thuds's. Nothing helps it to go away. My doctor has placed me on zyrtec d, with steroids. Both large and small doses. But nothing helps. At some point during the morning it doesnt seem to bother me. Soon after though it starts slowly and by late afternoon it does it continuously like a wood pecker is tapping away in my ear. it is like there is pressure inside that needs to be released. I've tried holding my nose and blowing so the pressure would give in my ears. Hoping that it would pop. Nothing happened. I've placed the palm of my hand on my ear to suction air out. No response. I've had hearing tests done and the results were perfect. I've been told by my ENT that there isn't any fluid in my ears. Cotton in my ear would make it sound louder. Have you had any good results? Please share any information you can. Right now I'm really considering going to the emergency room. I'm very desperate.

Old 02-05-2005, 06:08 AM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

lib HB Userlib HB User

a woodpecker in the ear...i have that, it could be the tensor tympani muscle tapping the eardrum, i had surgery in oct on right ear, will have left done on the 15th, hope that helps..

Old 02-08-2005, 03:51 AM   #20

AussieSpirit HB User

I have this same problem --- in the left ear too!

Old 03-21-2005, 08:59 PM   #21
(female)

grapes HB User

Hi,

My heart beats loudly in my right ear. I have tmj syndrome (bad) and bruxism which began during orthodontics when I was 14 (I'm 41 now). I have a million tmj symptoms and dental problems, which all started with the ortho. For me, the heart beating is a piece of cake compared to some of the other symptoms. If you're interested in how orthodontics can cause these problems, research "functional orthodontics" vs. "american orthodontics".

Old 03-22-2005, 05:39 AM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

lib HB Userlib HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapes
Hi,

My heart beats loudly in my right ear. I have tmj syndrome (bad) and bruxism which began during orthodontics when I was 14 (I'm 41 now). I have a million tmj symptoms and dental problems, which all started with the ortho. For me, the heart beating is a piece of cake compared to some of the other symptoms. If you're interested in how orthodontics can cause these problems, research "functional orthodontics" vs. "american orthodontics".
hi grapes,
what other symptoms do you get from tmj?
any other ear symptoms?
thanks,
lib

Old 04-15-2005, 10:02 AM   #23

crucialuv HB User
Angry Re: heart beating in ears

Just recently in the past month I have been experiencing an annoying sound only in my right ear but mine sounds like a car engine that wont start, It is really annoying, sometimes I hear it and sometimes I dont and it seems as though it has a beat to it, not sure if its in rythym to my heart beat or not because it slows down and speeds up. Does anyone know if this may be the same thing everyone else is experiencing. There is no pain or anything, just this noise and its not loud, Its almost like my ear is breathing and I can hear it.. Really weird! Please help

Old 04-25-2005, 05:25 AM   #24
(male)

morphes HB User

Hey all. About 1 month ago i started taking adderall on a regular basis. I am 34 years old trying to get through college. About two weeks ago my right ear started feeling as though it was muffled a little when i listened to loud music in my car. I thought since my left front speaker in my car didnt work and the right one did that it was causing an imbalancing effect. So i faded the music all to the rear speakers. It seemed to help a little. Just about 4 days ago i was sitting in my living room studying and i could hear my heart thump in my right ear. It only did it several times for sevral seconds each time. It didnt happen again till last night when i couldnt sleep. I could hear my heart beat over and over in my right ear. The beat would last about 4 -10 seconds then go away. This happend over and over for about 2 hours. Now as i sit here typing the feeling in that ear is like a little pressure on and off. Kind of like wind blowing in my ear, but no swooshing sound. I do have borderline high blood pressure and have never taken medication for it. Sometimes when i check my bp its below the border range where other times its a little higher. Any ideas to what this could be would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 05-13-2005, 03:50 PM   #25
(female)

rguthrie HB User

I had MRI, nothing found, wasted alot of money. ENT says nothing wrong with me. Mine has been going on for 2 years. Take Xanax daytime once in a while when it gets really bad, and Ativan at night. Coffee helps too.

Old 05-14-2005, 09:26 AM   #26
(female)

lucylane HB User

My heart beat sound is in my right ear. It's called pulsatile tinnitus. The ent doctor said I have it in both ears, but I only hear it in the right one. I don't know what caused mine. I worked for some time where the noise was really loud and I used to take ibuprofen quite often. I don't concern myself as much about the cause now. My priority is to find relief from the noise. My gp prescribed effexor & clonazepam for me and they have eliminated the noise 80 to 90% of the time. Effexor is an anti-depression capsule and clonazepam is an anti-anxiety tablet. My dose is the minimum.

Old 06-11-2005, 07:36 PM   #27
(female)

hjg0989 HB User

Yes, I have this too. I had an MRI and they found an unrelated brain anuerysm behind my left eye. Once I took care of that, I went back to doctors trying to find out what the hearing problem was. If it had just been the whooshing sound/heart beat problem I probably would have given up, but I also get vertigo spells and my hearing loss started to impact both ears. They finally diagnosed me with Meniere's. The symptoms eased up greatly before I found a doctor that specializes in Meniere's. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot they can do about it. I've been vertigo free for about six months now, but I suspect it could come back as quickly as it went away.

Get the MRI just to be sure.

Best of luck,

-helen

Last edited by hjg0989; 06-11-2005 at 07:36 PM.

Old 07-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #28
(female)

hmahappy HB User

I've had pulsatile tinnitus for some time now, when it got really worse, i did an MRI, and they found a "diffusely enlarged left vertebral artery" even though i can hear it on my right ear more. I considered doing more work up or going to other drs, but since i don't have other symptoms and i don't have the time, i think i'll just try to ignore it.

Old 07-15-2005, 04:50 PM   #29
(female)

sweeterthan HB User

I'm glad I found this thread. I'm 18 weeks pregnant and about 2 weeks ago I started hearing my heart beating in my left ear. Mostly only when I am active and my heart is beating faster. Its driving me nuts! My boyfriend said it could be earwax, so I got stuff at the drugstore to flush out an earwax buildup, but that can't be what it is because I still hear it! Then I was thinking maybe it was an ear infection but my ear doesn't hurt. Then after reading this thread I see it is something else. Should I see my doctor about this or will it ever go away???

Old 07-30-2005, 07:43 AM   #30
(female)

MissMichele HB User
Could it be Patulous Eustachian Tubes?

I hear my heartbeat and breathing in my entire head. I have been diagnosed with patulous Eustachian Tubes. An ENT with an otology specialty and extensive knowledge of ETs can examine you for this anomaly. I know it's maddening. I finally found an expert at Johns Hopkins; haven't seen him yet, but apparently there are disorders/diseases related to pET. Best of luck.

Closed Thread