It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2005, 02:54 AM   #1
(female)

Naxey26 HB User
Smile Jobs for the hearing impaired

Hello guys,

I am hearing impaired, I don't know exactly what caused it. I have been hearing impaired since I was 8 years old, but now I am 26 i get ringing in my ears too, I used to get dizzy alot, but that has stopped ( Thank God ). Anyway I am having a hard time finding a job I have absolutely no work experience I guess you can say i have lead a sheltered life, but now I need a job because I have 2 children. My question to you guys is do you know of any jobs that I can do at home? If so please respond to this thread and tell me what they are. I would really like to make some friends on this board too.

Thank you,
Naxey26

Old 08-11-2005, 03:13 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Cure-ious HB User
Re: Jobs for the hearing impaired

Naxey,

Hello. Saw your email while searching health matters. I too am hearing impaired, introverted, and currently looking for a job.

I suggest the following leads:

1) If you have a computer, "google" exactly what your above title says" "Jobs for the hearing impaired", and consider the online advice/leads;

2) If you don't have computer access, you can get it by going to any public library (ask for assistance); if you don't have a babysitter, take them with you and use the computer station in the "children's section";

3) Also, consider googling in: stay-at-home jobs (Exs: on-line form processing, stuffing envelopes, assembling products). More and more companies are hiring "tele-commuters" (people who stay at home and do the work via their computer-- most companies can provide the computers); can you cook well or sew decently (put your free ad on Craig's List for meal prep and/or piece-meal sewing as a free-lancer). How about baking? Who has time these days--so, who wouldn't want to buy home-made breads and cookies by the batchfull from you? (again, start small with friends, acquaintences)?

4) If you're ambitious, think about starting a small in-home daycare facility (again their are agencies you can contact for help in getting started-- by applying for a grant or small-business loan or try a women's charitable institute (sometimes they provide loans for women to start up a business). While you're looking into a bigger challenge, why not just put the word out in your circle of family, friends, community that you can do child-care for one or two kids in your home and arrange with them to pay you a set weekly salary you can depend on.

Just some ideas...

Good luck young lady!

Ess

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2005, 12:32 AM   #3
(female)

Naxey26 HB User
Re: Jobs for the hearing impaired

Hello, sorry about taking so long to reply. Anyway thank you for the help, I will surely look into some of the things that you have listed.

Naxey26

Closed Thread