It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2005, 06:44 AM   #1
(male)

Master Yoda HB User
I always hear a air sound in my ears.

Hello all, I am new to these forums.

I constantly hear an air noise, the best comparison would be to that of a seashell noise in my left ear that does not go away. I have no pain in or around my ear. The noise is starting to get a bit annoying esspecially when I am in a quite room. I've had this noise for about 1 month now, usually comes off and on, however I do not notice it while I'm at work/watching tv/ or listening to music, probably b/c that noise volume is to loud for me to notice the air noise. I do not work in an environment where there is a lot a noise, and I don't expose my ears to loud music either. I do sometimes have trouble hearing people speak, often asking them to repeat themselves, but, I can hear quite sounds such as a car pulling up, or a radio at a distance when others cannot.

Thank you for reading all of that, and if you have experienced this or know what this may be you feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited by Master Yoda; 11-13-2005 at 09:05 AM.

Old 10-08-2005, 08:03 PM   #2
(male)

Chriznat25 HB User
Re: I always hear a air sound in my ears.

My whole life Ive experienced this and when I ask other people, they look at me like im crazy .. LOL
anyways ive been to the dr about he said it was normal. My ears "ring", well it really sounds like a seashell all of the time. It doesnt affect my hearing but sometimes it gets louder. Sometimes when Im out in the woods up north and nothing is around, the noise is loud. Sometimes when Im at a party i can hear it alittle. I can remember when I was a kid, 5 or 6 years old and sitting in my room with the "seashell" noise.

Otherwise my hearing is excellent. I can hear a lot of things people dont (Like a car noise, or something outside of the house).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2005, 09:31 PM   #3
(female)

dizzyt HB User

Hi Master Yoda,

That is tinnitus, A.K.A. "ringing in the ear." Tinnitus can be a ring, a hiss, sound of crickets, or anything that you hear in your ear or head that others can't. It can be a sign of ear problems, but it doesn't always mean that. Just keep an ear on it ;-) If it gets louder or you have trouble hearing, see your ENT.

Old 10-10-2005, 04:57 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

-CvC- HB User-CvC- HB User-CvC- HB User-CvC- HB User

My ringing is about a 8000hz tone that never stops or diminishes. It's about as loud as the cicadas are in the summer time. It's driven me crazier than a loon. There's no hope for it ever stopping. You have no idea what I would give for one minute of absolute silence. Just once. I wish I just had a rushing sound in one ear. That would be sooo nice. Enjoy it while you can. From what I "hear" it only gets worse with time.

Old 10-10-2005, 07:48 PM   #5
(male)

jimmyhonda HB User

some people say that tinnius is due to the build up of wax in the air - so when you finished shower, you need to carefully use those soft stick, to CAREfully clean those waxes... but again, i am confused, because i surfed the net, and they say thlere is no cure for it, and could lead to ear problem.

once, I was feeling sick after having a hot shower, I coldn't breathe due to lack of ventilation and the build up of steam, and i wanted to throw up, and all of the sudden, my two ears got block, and and those tingling noises come rushing into my brain - the noise like when you open lsparkling emonade and pour it onto the glass. I was frighten, so i quickly lay onto my bed and close my eyes....i was afraid that i was going death. wonder what is happening... i hate to throw up.

Old 10-15-2005, 03:47 PM   #6
(male)

Master Yoda HB User

Thank you all for your reply's.

Closed Thread