It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2005, 10:08 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

quoting HB User
felt like a motor running in ear

I was walking into my room earlier today and all of a sudden it sounded and felt like a motor was running in my left ear, it lasted about 20 seconds. This might sound weird, but has anybody else had this happen to them? If so is it normal?

Old 10-16-2005, 09:39 AM   #2
(female)

Lynie HB User
Re: felt like a motor running in ear

I have had that happen more than once. I have no idea either, what causes that. You hear it and also feel a vibration, it's exactly like a little motor suddenly turned on inside your ear.

I hope someone else has more idea what that is...at least when I get it, it just stops as suddenly as it started, and doesn't seem to make my hearing worse (I already have 50% loss in both ears.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2005, 12:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lib HB Userlib HB User

that is a spasm in the middle ear....the tensor tympani and stapedial....
i had mine cut, and its been much better.....drs know nothing about this disorder....it took 2 years and a lot of docs to figure it out.....a top neurotoligist should be able to dx this

Old 10-18-2005, 02:44 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

quoting HB User

How often did it happen to you?

Old 10-18-2005, 06:25 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lib HB Userlib HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quoting
How often did it happen to you?
all the time....it got worse over time...

Old 10-19-2005, 09:23 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

quoting HB User

The other day was the first time it happened. But my right hear does strange things. If it does it a couple more times I will look into it.

Old 10-19-2005, 06:24 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

lib HB Userlib HB User

Quote:
The other day was the first time it happened. But my right hear does strange things. If it does it a couple more times I will look into it.
what strange things does the right ear do?

Old 10-21-2005, 12:44 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

quoting HB User

I really cant explain it. Like when Im riding in the car, sometimes when I lean up to change the radio it'll feel like it closes up or something. I really cant explain it. But the motor running is new. Could wax be a part of this?

Old 10-21-2005, 12:53 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

lib HB Userlib HB User

Quote:
I really cant explain it. Like when Im riding in the car, sometimes when I lean up to change the radio it'll feel like it closes up or something. I really cant explain it. But the motor running is new. Could wax be a part of this?
prob not since i have the closeing up too....thats muscular and i have no wax prob.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:07 PM   #10
(female)

candicorn HB User
Exclamation Re: felt like a motor running in ear

Wow I'm really glad someone posted this because I'm having a horrible time with this. Though my "motor running" sound in my ears is constant The weird thing is, yesterday the motor sound was in my left ear all day long--it would be intermitten it might go on for an hour non stop and then it'll be gone and then it'd come right back. It was driving me so insane because I thought it was something running in my house--the refridgerator or something! So I drove out on to a dirt road and pulled over, turned off my car stuck my head out the window and sure enough the motor sound was still there--it wasn't something in the house it had to be the ears!
I thought mine was medicine related because I'm on blood pressure meds. I went to my family doc today to check my ears and she couldnt find anything...she thought it was medicine related too. But with this new information posted here I may do a little more research and see if this might be the case for me. It really is the most annoying sound, vibration, noise...It worries me even! I want to get to the bottom of it.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:11 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

lib HB Userlib HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by candicorn
Wow I'm really glad someone posted this because I'm having a horrible time with this. Though my "motor running" sound in my ears is constant The weird thing is, yesterday the motor sound was in my left ear all day long--it would be intermitten it might go on for an hour non stop and then it'll be gone and then it'd come right back. It was driving me so insane because I thought it was something running in my house--the refridgerator or something! So I drove out on to a dirt road and pulled over, turned off my car stuck my head out the window and sure enough the motor sound was still there--it wasn't something in the house it had to be the ears!
I thought mine was medicine related because I'm on blood pressure meds. I went to my family doc today to check my ears and she couldnt find anything...she thought it was medicine related too. But with this new information posted here I may do a little more research and see if this might be the case for me. It really is the most annoying sound, vibration, noise...It worries me even! I want to get to the bottom of it.
find a top notch otoligist or neurotoligist, where do you live?
its harmless so dont worry if it is muscular, just annoying.
lib

Old 11-08-2005, 08:28 PM   #12
(female)

Alliby36 HB User

I have the same problem its started in class >_> lol i was about to post a new post too ... anyways .. Is it normal for your ears to pop like constently cause mine do it all the time one minute it sounds liek theres cotton in my ear the nit souns like everyones yellign and then it like ... vibrates ... i have no clue my ear "pops" when i chew O_o

Old 11-10-2005, 04:38 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

lib HB Userlib HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliby36
I have the same problem its started in class >_> lol i was about to post a new post too ... anyways .. Is it normal for your ears to pop like constently cause mine do it all the time one minute it sounds liek theres cotton in my ear the nit souns like everyones yellign and then it like ... vibrates ... i have no clue my ear "pops" when i chew O_o
mine pop all the time, i had the vibration but i had surgery to severe the tendons, for me this is all from myoclonus.

Old 11-22-2005, 03:16 PM   #14
(male)

Perry2 HB User

This started for me today as well, a couple of hours ago. I have had episodes of tinitus in the last month, maybe 5 episodes with no prior history that I can remember. This is quite different. There is a sensation of having the ears plugs but when I chew gum or pop my sinuses there is no relief. I imagine it is related to blood flow in the area but it is more of a low pitched sound, like there is a small motor running in some distant room in my house. I have had a headache kind of movng around my head the lat week or so, which I that was tension related but maybe it is a sinus problem. I think some kind of sinus infection can irritate the hearing or eardrum. The earlier tinnitus has me thinking this is all related but perhps not. No loud music lately and I have been on days of for almost two weeks.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-27-2013 at 05:45 AM.

Closed Thread