It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
(female)

Glassless HB User
Question Dizziness, temporary hearing loss...

I was told that I might have an inner ear disorder or a vestibular disorder. Not sure if they are the same thing or what. But I get dizzy spells that last quite a while sometimes and fullness in one or both ears at times that cause temporary hearing loss. I'm not sure what do to about this or if anything can be done. The dizzy is room spinning dizziness. Any suggestions, info, advice?

Old 08-13-2006, 03:19 PM   #2
(female)

onlyjane HB User
Re: Dizziness, temporary hearing loss...

It could be catarrh in inner ear.

I suffer with sinus problems, side effect has left catarrh in inner ear.
This causes hearing difficult to a lesser/greater degree depending on whether I have sinusitis or not.

Recently had a 2 day bout of dizziness (quite frightening at the time). If I moved, even just turning my head, the room went on vertical spin and made me feel quite sick.

The doctor said it was due to the catarrh moving a little bit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2007, 08:48 AM   #3
(male)

ttttttt HB User

keep track of all of your developing symptoms . The doctor will ignore them so you must do your homework. check out Meniere's , blue ear drum,and middle ear tumors. The tumors are easier to fix than the Meniere's, which seems to be unfix able. Try to pop your ears, what happens when you go swimming? Is it worse during stress. I have no answers, just keep note for later if this thing stays around.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:04 PM   #4
(male)

Jay Ar HB User

Hi, it sounds like you and I might be in the same boat if you read my post "Tinitus get used to it.....V2" I'm on a few meds and trying some subtle variations to see if I can get a different result, I'll tell you here if I get an improvement.
Cheers.....Jay Ar

Old 07-28-2007, 09:28 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

sonic HB User

Ive had the same symptoms for years...it will go away for a few months & then...bang! its back. i also get very nauseated during the dizzyness..its more like the room is spinning, I get cold & clamy & shaky, my heart beats fast..feels like im gonna vomit. dosent usually last long, but it makes me NOT want to socialize.
I am yet to be diagnoised.
I have tryed the eply manovre(sp) from pictures on the web, b/c i think its an inner ear thing.
good luck to you.

Closed Thread