It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2006, 09:15 AM   #1
(female)

CynthiaC HB User
Unhappy Meniere's

Anyone else have Meniere's Syndrome? I was diagonsed with this 16 years ago. I have classic Meniere's in both ears, that is what the doc says. I am extremely hearing impaired. I am profoundly deaf in my right ear and have a severe to profound hearing loss in my left ear. I do hear somewhat, especially in ideal situations. I wear a BTE hearing aid, which I depend on tremendously.

I do not know anyone else that has this. It has been a long journey for me learning the ups and downs of meniere's. I would love love love to chat with other people that are in my same predicament to see how you have learned to cope with the dibilating disease.

Old 10-30-2006, 07:48 PM   #2
(male)

potatochip HB User
Re: Meniere's

Stay away from all sodium. Even if it's natural, this includes vegetables such as celery. Sorry to tell you this but I know for a fact. My family, including uncles, aunts and cousins, not only use the medical profession but also the Natural pathology route. Both my uncle and cousin had the disease. They both have salt allergies and My uncle lost hearing in one ear (completely) because of Menieres Disease. The only way both he and his daughter beat it was to completely cut out all sodium, at least until the symptoms cleared up. I watch my sodium intake, mostly iodized (mined) salt. I do the best I can to use only sea salt. If I watch it closely I don't have the ringing in the ears, loss of hearing or any equilibrium problems.

I have lost the hearing in both ears over the years and now use hearing aids. Sometimes I wonder if I would have watched my sodium intake closer it would have helped salvage my hearing. The medical profession does a wonderful job in diagnosing many things but this particular disease is caused by sodium. I'm not a doctor but I've seen it with my very eyes.

Good luck,

potatochip

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2006, 10:21 AM   #3
(female)

dizzyland HB User
Re: Meniere's

Hi potatochip, What is this a bout celery? and how long have you got Meniere's?
dizzyland

Closed Thread