It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2006, 02:26 AM   #1
(male)

nthe10ring HB User
After Hearing Test Now Have Tinnitus In Both Ears

I have had mild Tinnitus for several years but hardly noticible. About a month ago after being exposed to lound noise it came on like gangbusters in my right ear. I have been dealing with it and went to the Dr. today, had been waiting for a month for the appointment. I didnt expect anything to help but wanted to rule out any other causes. The ear dr. had an me take a hearing test which also confirmed hearing loss mainly in my right ear and some in me left. The tinnitus was in my right ear and the last few days was pretty good, some of the sounds during the test were painfull and now I have that high hissing noise in my left ear. Is it possible they damaged my left ear during this test. I am so discouraged, I had really worked to get my mind around this and now the left ear is the one that is the worst. My right ear after a month is just a mild sound but his new thing in my left ear is about as bad as the right one used to be. I specifically asked the person giving the test if it would aggrevate my condition and was told no. Love to hear from anyone in the know about this particular situation/

Old 11-23-2006, 07:23 AM   #2
(male)

nthe10ring HB User
Re: After Hearing Test Now Have Tinnitus In Both Ears

I didnt get much sleep last night , finally able to doze off at about 5, got up at 8 and when I took a shower the water sounded like broken glass. In the past it was always comforting in that I couldnt hear the ringing with the water running. The hissing volume has stepped up and it seems like its about where it was a month ago when this first started and now I'm hearing some in my left ear at a much less volume. Im hoping that this increase is only temporary. If I had it to do over again there would have been no hearing test, as it was pretty much a given that I had some hearing loss with my condition. Im reality what did it accomplish other than to bring this on. I really would appreciate any input from anyone with similar expereinces.

nthe10ring

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2006, 11:04 AM   #3
(male)

tripleair HB User
Re: After Hearing Test Now Have Tinnitus In Both Ears

I just had a similar experience as I have tinnitus from a lifetime of exposure to loud music as a musician. It was suggested I have a tinnitus consultation and I did. They told me there is not much you can do about it except to the obvious like listen to music at a very low level when you are trying to sleep, run the tv or radio during the day, etc. This is kind of a distraction from the noise kind of thing.

The other suggestion was to consider hearing aids, open hole ones. They tend to not only help you hear, but they have a sound dampening mechanism built in that cuts off the tinnitus, sometimes in good cases completely. I'm doing research on the ones they suggested but they are wickedly expensive, like 1700 bucks each at a minimum. My health insurance won't cover them either.

I hope that is of some help!
Tripleair

Closed Thread