It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2007, 07:03 PM   #1
(male)

Beastmix HB User
Strange Deafness *Please Help*

Hello, My name is Simon and I need some help.

About 3 weeks ago I came back from a holiday. Upon the Aircraft's decent my ears 'popped'. Usually when this happens I get my hearing back after about 20-30mins but this time my right ear took 2 days to come back! I found this rather strange.
2 days later I suffered a major fit in my bedroom, I lost conciousness, was shaking like crazy and bit into my tongue. When I awoke I had an obviously swollen tongue and a major headache. I called the doctors immediately and got an oppointment the next day.
However, when I awoke the following day my hearing in my right ear was gone and I had a terrible pain in my jaw. I was not sure whether or not it was from the plane or the fit. Anyways I told my GP but they just dismissed me stating that my ear was fine and they percribed me Amoxicillin(which will probably not help as I believe it to be just a painkiller).
However I have used all my pills now and still have the deafness, which appears to be getting worse, and also the awful pain in my jaw.
Anybody care to attempt to shed some light on this for me please?

Thank You

Old 08-21-2007, 06:01 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

myrtle59 HB User
Re: Strange Deafness *Please Help*

Did the dr give you any explanation for the cause of the seizure or why he prescribed an antibiotic. Did he acknowledge your hearing loss and believe the antibiotic would help? I would call or revisit and clarify these things.

I'm sorry, I don't have an explanation but I would certainly see an ENT asap if you still have a hearing loss as well as return to the dr if the pain continues.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread