It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #1
(female)

choccyfrog HB User
Periodical Hearing Loss, dizziness, tinnitus, and insomnia, help please.

Hi hopefully somebody can help, I've had various tinnitus type ringings in my ears for over a year but for the past couple of month I've had the strange symptoms of having times when it suddenly feels as if somebody has suddenly 'turned down' my hearing in my left ear a few knotches, I simply cannot hear as well and everything feels muffled from that ear.

This can last for upto a few hours before gradually increasing back to normal. In this past two weeks I've also had a tinny/ringing type of tinnitus and together they are becoming quite bothering. Add to this the fact that I haven't felt too grand this past week and it's started to bother me quite a bit. If it helps I've also been having real trouble sleeping/disturbed sleep for a few months now, could all these things be related.

What could be causing this? Is there a name for this? I'm only in my twenties and have never been around really loud noise or music, any ideas welcome.

Last edited by choccyfrog; 08-26-2007 at 01:11 PM.

Old 08-26-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

myrtle59 HB User
Re: Periodical Hearing Loss, dizziness, tinnitus, and insomnia, help please.

I think you should see a dr, preferably an ENT asap to see what is going on. Some of these things they like to treat right away. If you 'think' you have lost hearing, you have, perhaps more than you realize. Call tomorrow and describe your symptoms and tell them your age as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2007, 03:40 AM   #3
(female)

choccyfrog HB User
Re: Periodical Hearing Loss, help please.

Thankyou I called the dr's office and they seemed especially concerned at the one sided tinnitus so i'm going in.
Thanks again.

Closed Thread