It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
(female)

Yogaratna HB User
rattling in the ears

Can anyone explain? I get rattling in my right ear, like the sound of thin bamboo twigs hitting against each other, like bamboo musical instruments. It happens when I bend my head down of move my ear or shake my head. It's like I can hear the bones rattling in my inner ear. Is it dangerous? It was in my left ear for a few weeks and stopped then started in my right ear and still going. Once got less after diving. I go swimming everyday and love it. Anything to do with that? Why can I hear my inner ear bones rattling?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2008, 03:19 PM   #2
(male)

BiggerMac HB User
Re: rattling in the ears

Sounds like a form of tinitus. It's bothersome but usually harmless as long as it is as mild as yours seems to be. Just avoid exposure to loud noise, that can worsen it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2008, 12:57 PM   #3
(female)

Yogaratna HB User
Re: rattling in the ears

Dear Friend,

Thanks for your reassuring reply to my rattling in the ears problem.

Actually it cleared up about two weeks ago and then just today came back but not as loudly, after I cleaned my ears with a cotton bud and almond oil. Does this mean I should not clean my ears with a cotton bud?

Actually I rarely clean my ears with cotton buds, preferring to just tilt my head, put my middle finger in and juggle it, sometimes the same with a towel. This means it does not go into the ear canal. Seems to do the trick and is an ancient ear cleaning technique from India.

Any further suggestions?
Many thanks
Yogaratna

Closed Thread