It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2003, 01:16 PM   #1

eman22 HB User
Post ear clicking

Just wondering if anyone out there has had ANY luck with any ENT that has treated for Eustation Tube Dysfunction. I have gone to 3 ENT's, the 1st one told me that I had ETD. He came to this conclusion after running a series of tests including a CAT scan. After trying several methods of treatment, Flonase, Allergy injections, decongestants, nothing seemed to work. The 2nd doctor however told me I had PETD. Huh?! he told me that I should be taking a medication called Premrin and that I should try to congest the sinus rather that drain it so that the ET closes. After trying his method for 3 months, I realized this wasnt working either and saw 1 more ENT, who told me I had ET. Now let me tell ya, this has gotten really annoying! What the hell is it? PETD or ETD? I guess what im asking is, does anyone have a doctor whom they feel can diagnose me correctly. I feel like for the past year I have been wasting my time and suffering when I shouldn't have to be. My symptoms are as follows: ear fullness in right ear. I need to "pop" it throughout the whole day and into the night. I hear a "clicking" sound when I speak and the pressure builds up at the same time. My throat feels as though it being restricted or choked. I also feel sinus pressure constantly.
Any information would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Old 05-04-2003, 05:12 PM   #2

richardk HB User
I have written the about Semicircular Canal Dehiscence on this site and it would probably be worth reading to see if your condition could be tested to find out if you have or do not have it.
The leading Doctor for patients with Pet or any eustachian problems is Dr. Dennis Poe in Boston, he is the EXPERT.
If you have had a VEMP test the results can be very helpful in determining if there is a possibility of having SSCD.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2003, 06:42 PM   #3

eman22 HB User
Thank you for your response RichardK. Prior to this posting I read your post regarding Semicircular Canal Dehiscence. I immediately scheduled an appointment with Dr. Dennis Poe and will be seeing him on July 1st. I look forward to any professional and expert advice he might be able to give me.
Regards,
Eric

Old 05-14-2003, 01:46 PM   #4

fibrine HB User
you could make a search on "tmjd" and on "tensor tympani syndrome"
F

Old 11-04-2007, 10:39 PM   #5
(female)

squirrel17333 HB User
Re: ear clicking

did you ever get the clicking to stop all together? please if you did please tell me how you did it, i did see one thread about leaving a humid area and going to Nevada or someplace where it was dry and it stopped for only after 2 days , it went away... did you find total relief.. please help!

Closed Thread