It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2008, 01:38 PM   #1
(male)

hoppimike HB User
mild tinnitus, ear pain, popping, that kinda stuff - what do you think? ._.

hi all, ages ago (about 5/6 months) I went to a loud indoor ska punk gig (which was wicked i might add lol) and since then my ears have just been a nightmare, relatively speaking.

Before then I had been to lots and lots of gigs, and listened to music fairly loud through earphones, but never had any real problems, maybe a slight increase in ear sensitivity.

but now... i just don't really know what to do.

Most of the tinnitus died down within about 2/3 weeks of the gig (i'd never had long term tinnitus before then), but now i have mild tinnitus, ear pain quite often, popping/crackling in my ears when i swallow, sensitive ears, all sorts of sucky things. What should I do? Most people I speak to say that over lots of time it may get gradually better and they may heal more, and to be fair i have still been around pretty loud music regularly, as i've been working in a shop where we play loud-ish music, i'm sure that hasn't helped.

I've quit that job now, but i want my old ears back so so much, i hate having them feeling so temperamental. I mean, i could get hypnotherapy to remove the tinnitus probably, and invest in some good earplugs, but it's the pain and sensitivity that bugs me most.

I may find it gets better now that i've quit that job, and also, i do have anxiety, which probably makes the problem feel worse than it actually is.

What should i do? i want them to feel normal again, it makes me feel old or something and i'm only 23 =(

Mike =(

Last edited by hoppimike; 07-07-2008 at 01:40 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2008, 04:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User
Re: mild tinnitus, ear pain, popping, that kinda stuff - what do you think? ._.

it sounds like your developing hyperacusis from all the loud music so be careful not to further damage your ears. this is not a fun condition i have suffered for 5 yrs loudness bothers me all the time even if someone drop something it goes right through me. protect your ears

Old 07-18-2008, 05:04 AM   #3
(female)

DeeDee123 HB User

Hi Mike, well I have had tinnitus for 3 yrs now, have had the popping for many many yrs but never thought much about that until the ringing started and I researched that to find out the popping was also a part of tinnitus. I have tried everything and all kinds of Doctors. I was never around excessive loud music or things. I work in a very quiet office (which let me tell you does not help the situation at all. Way to quiet.) I totally understand your anxiety, when the ringing is the loudest the anxiety level is very high. I have a terrible time concentrating at work, my attention span seems to diminish at time. I do have good day's with no noise but that's not very often. I am sensitive to loud things now and have some hearing loss in both ears which I never had till this started. I am told some day I will not hear the ringing and that' not because the ringing and popping have stopped it's that I am going to loose my high pitch hearing. If anyone has any new tricks or ideas please put them out there. I am so willing to try different things and I am sure others are too. Sorry to not be of much help Mike but seems like this is it. Once Tinnitus set's in the chances of it going away are slim... good luck wish you all the best, but dont' give up keep researching.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:49 AM   #4
(female)

erinkaylove HB User

my "sound" is like different tones in my right ear only. do you think i have this tinnitus or could this sound be from the fact that i have a bad cold?

Old 07-24-2008, 03:42 PM   #5
(female)

DeeDee123 HB User

My sound is like the humming that a florecent light makes.. it never goes away sometimes it's very very loud and bothersom.. other times I hardly hear it. I know there's different levels and kinds of sounds. I would say if your sounds have lasted any length of time after your cold goes away I would see my doctor and discuss it with him. Good Luck

Old 09-02-2008, 01:13 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

aim44 HB User

I had tinnitus for a while as well as the popping in the ear, right jaw clicked etc. after numerous test was told I would have to live with it. I'm only 32 and didn't accept that. I found an upper cervical doctor (no not a chiro) an upper cervical doctor takes x rays of your head and neck and make a precise alignment and after only two months the tinnitus is gone, the fullness in the ears is gone and the popping has stopped. I am on zero meds and have my life back. Before this I had to stop working and everything but my whole world has changed. There aren't many of them in the US but so happy I found one.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:03 PM   #7
(male)

zbrAnEk HB User

Mine is the sound a tube tv makes. from what i have heard and experienced, the more you think about it, the louder the ringing sounds. there are times that i dont notice it, that is because i have forgotten and dont realize the ringing. so basically just put it out of your mind the best you can. like i said, i only notice it when i start thinking about it. also, there is an over the counter treatment that you can pick up at cvs or walgreens. its called Lipo-Flavonoid. my dad is currently taking it. it is mostly vitamans that promote healthiness of the inner ear. but dont expect instant satisfaction, it takes about 6 months of constant usage to work, then its a lifetime of taking it if you want it to keep working.

I have never been around loud music or working conditions, i think i have real super sensative hearing. I do most of my work in my office, but sometimes have to go out to the refinery. i use proper hearing protection that is proven to work, but when i get back to the office, i noctice my ears ringing louder then most. but it gradually settles down. so im thinking that since i have sensative hearing, the earplugs arent doing good enough a job as the should for my ears

Old 09-06-2008, 05:20 AM   #8
(female)

DeeDee123 HB User

I do not hear this noise all the time. Like yesterday was a good day, didn't hardly hear a thing but right NOW I could just scream, it's so lourd and distracting. I recently had an MRI and blood work, I also had a balance test. I will get all the results on Wednesday, this new doc seems to think he can help me. We'll see. It's been 3 years and so far no help from anyone or anything. And I've tried everything except accupuncture and using a tens-unit. Which maybe my next move. I had heard that sending electrical pulse's to the muscle's around the ear drum can relieve this. I will try anything... has anyone else ever heard of this?

Old 09-10-2008, 03:52 PM   #9
(female)

DeeDee123 HB User

Well I saw the doctor today and after severl tests, blood work mri's and visits, I was basically told "live with it". there's nothing they can do for me. I have Tinnitus and that's life. There's no explination as to why how it started why it started will it go away is this life.. no answer's.. So here I am. this is life, now to try and learn to live... easy for the doc's to say!

Closed Thread