It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
(male)

Jonathan45177 HB User
Earing is ringing, and im experiencing dizziness.. help

I recently was playing basketball and I jumped up for the ball. I got pushed in the ear and came down on my head, I was taken to the hospital. My skull was fractured, and I experienced ringing in my right ear. Thats all I can hear is ringing out of the right ear. When I was in the hospital they looked inside my ear and they said it was full of something and blood mixed. I am going to the ear doctor next thursday 10/02/08. I am just really afraid cause I am suppose to be leaving for Marine Boot camp Dec 15, but if my hearing doesnt return I am going to get discharged.. does anyone know if my hearing will return?

Old 10-03-2008, 07:19 AM   #2
(female)

kitchener12 HB User
Re: Earing is ringing, and im experiencing dizziness.. help

Hi Jonathan45177

Sorry to hear you fractured your skull, yikes that must be sore
I am guessing you will have some answers from your ear dr today, I am no expert but healing in the ear takes time, I had a recent ear surgery and it took a number of weeks till I felt better. I had dizziness too.
You will have to try and be patient and let your body heal its self.
If you have an injury to your ear or inner ear it will definaltely need time to settle down and heal up. Dec is still a while away you will know much more before then try not to worry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #3
(male)

Jonathan45177 HB User

well I got back from the doctor, and he said he thinks that my hearing isnt gonna return, and that my ear inside is still swollen, so I was prescribed steroids to take the swelling down.. and im on day 3 of the pills and I have 13 days total of taking the pills, no difference yet.. but hopefully my hearing does return

Old 10-05-2008, 06:46 AM   #4
(female)

kitchener12 HB User

Hi Jonathan45177

First to remember is that your ear is still swollen my ear was swollen for at least 3 weeks after my surgery and that was a surgery not an impact type of head injury such as yours. Your ear really does need time to stop swelling and settle down. You are only on day 3 of the meds so give them a chance.
Once your ear has had a good chance to heal your dr may have a different outlook for you.
PLease just let your ear heal up more and try not to worry once things have settled down your dr will be better able to confirm a long term diagnosis.

Did you see an ENT dr? If not you probably should

Keep posting and I will keep checking back, stay healthy and take it easy for a while.

Best wishes

Old 10-05-2008, 02:07 PM   #5
(male)

Jonathan45177 HB User

well I have noticed a little difference, the ringing is still their.. but before my ear was popping, but slowly popping.. and now sense ive started taking the meds, the popping has been speedind up like it pops probably 10-20 times in like 8 seconds.. so hopefully these are working and right now it just feels like my ear is clogged, but I still cant hear anything

Old 10-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #6
(female)

kitchener12 HB User

Hi Jonathan45177

If your ear is feeling clogged that is probably due to the swelling still, it sounds as if the meds are helping some
I am no expert but if your ear is making noises etc then it may still be ok in the end.
Just take it easy, a few more weeks and see what happens.

We are getting a frost warning tonight so if its cold where you are remember to protect your ear from the cold and any loud noise.

Hang in there.

Closed Thread