It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
(female)

kmattox HB User
what top ten institutions perform the stapedectomy procedure?

Old 04-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
(female)

readi2run HB User
Re: what top ten institutions perform the stapedectomy procedure?

I don't know alot of info about the top ten, but I can tell you from my experience. I've had 2 stapedectomies, one in 07 and the other one just this week. I had both of them done at the Shea Ear Clinic in Memphis Tn. by Dr.John Emmett. I noticed on his office wall that he was nominated as "Best Dr." more than once, but I cant remember what yrs. This clinic was founded by the doctor ( Dr.Shea) that actually performed the first stapedectomy and thousands have been repeated since. Also if you visit there you will find patients from all states. check it out. I was pleased with my outcome. but as we both know everyone is different, but it does pay to do your homework.

Last edited by mod85; 09-23-2011 at 02:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
(female)

ragansoma HB User

I was happy to see you mentioned Dr. Emmett at the Shea Clinic. I have emailed him and just mailed him my hearing test to review. I have ostosclerosis in both ears and hoping he can help me. Can you tell me how you are doing and what to expect on my first visit? I would appreciate anything you could tell me.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:06 AM   #4
(female)

Frantic Grandma HB User

I am desperate for information about failed stapedectomies in children and where to go from here. My 7-yr-old grandson has been diagnosed with otosclerosis (which I'm not sure I even trust the diagnosis as this point), underwent a stapendectomy a year ago, then a revision this past June. He has now lost all hearing in that ear, and an appointment with a different doctor has indicated the nerve is now dead in that ear. This doctor wants him on sodium flouride to prevent total loss of hearing in the other ear. We are devastated at the route we have followed in attempting to save this beautiful little guy's hearing - having now trusted doctors right into his deafness. Can anyone please help us figure out what to do next? This has been such a horrifying experience - I truly don't know how we will ever know who to trust again. Thank you for any information we can get.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
(male)

Ashton11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmattox View Post
You can add the Lippy Clinic in Warren, Ohio to the list also. Dr Lippy and Dr Berenholz are also at the top in the field. Google Lippy Clinic.

Last edited by Ashton11; 10-19-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:15 AM   #6
(female)

ragansoma HB User

My heart goes out to you and your family. Im also a grandma and can't imagine having to go through this. I am scheduled for a stapedectomy in December at the Shea Clinic in Memphis Tn with Dr. John Emmett. I mailed my hearing test to him and was very impressed by the caring response he showed. I have also researched the Lippy Group and also contacted them through email. The Lippy Group offered to review my hearing test for a fee of 150.00. Due to travel distance I chose the Shea Clinic.

Closed Thread