It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
(female)

marite09 HB User
Hearing heart beat in my left ear

About 2 years ago it appears, I hear my heartbeat in my left ear all the time, especially at night.

Can somebody help me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2009, 04:46 AM   #2
(male)

Solomon99 HB User
Re: Hearing heart beat in my left ear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marite09 View Post
About 2 years ago it appears, I hear my heartbeat in my left ear all the time, especially at night.

Can somebody help me?

I have the same problem. I have otosclerosis. What is happening to you is a type of tinnitus which is usually caused by exposure to loud noises. See a specilisit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2009, 11:51 PM   #3
(male)

berg0449 HB User

This may not help but if you want to try to find a reason you need to have some doctor tests. Even with those tests many tinnitus do not have a medical cause.

A few years ago with insurance I went thru many tests including cat and ct scans. After all those they found no medical cause.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:56 PM   #4
(female)

kitchener12 HB User

Hi marite09
I had this type of tinnitus (its called pulsatile tinnitus) for almost 4 years. I believe it was brought on by pregnancy and stress.
I was diagnosed with otosclerosis (a type hearing loss) about 8 yrs ago, my ear dr believed that the tinnitus was caused by the hearing loss blocking outside noises so I ended up hearing head noises (the pulsing of my heart) I actually had surgery last year (a stapedectomy) that removed the calcified ear bone and replaced them with a prosthetic. Since then the tinnitus has lessed a lot.
That being said there are many causes for tinnitus other than hearing loss but the type you are having may be related to vascular issues or blood pressure (low or high)
First I would go for a hearing test, then I would see the dr for a blood pressure test and ECG (checks your heart)
Depending on your results I would get a refferal to a neuro otologist for a proper diagnosis. ENT drs may help but only if they are specialized dealing with tinnitus.
YOu will need to find a sympathetic dr to help you thru this.

Please remember you are not alone, ask around you will find someone else you know who has tinitus too, I thought I was the only one until I found out a family memeber sufered too, he ended up really helping me cope.

This board will help too,

Best wishes

Closed Thread