It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
(male)

manojc04 HB User
Recommendation on good doctor for Stepedectomy in Denver

Can anyone please recommend good doctor in Denver area for Stepedectomy surgery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
(male)

manojc04 HB User
Re: Recommendation on good doctor for Stepedectomy in Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojc04 View Post
Can anyone please recommend good doctor in Denver area for Stepedectomy surgery.
Can someone please reply if you know any good doctor in Denver area.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
(male)

manojc04 HB User

Any help here ? Appreciate your response.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #4
(female)

chrimar HB User

Hi I do not know of a good ENT doctor in Denver but I was referred to the House Clinic in Los Angeles where they do lots of stapedotomies. It might be worth the trip. I'm planning to have mine done there early next year.
Chrimar

Old 12-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #5
(male)

manojc04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrimar View Post
Hi I do not know of a good ENT doctor in Denver but I was referred to the House Clinic in Los Angeles where they do lots of stapedotomies. It might be worth the trip. I'm planning to have mine done there early next year.
Chrimar
Thanks for the reply, Some referred me to Dr Lipkin or Dr Cass from UCDenver. Any idea about these doctors. I am not sure how to choose the right one. When can one fly back after the surgery?

Old 12-12-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
(female)

chrimar HB User

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, Some referred me to Dr Lipkin or Dr Cass from UCDenver. Any idea about these doctors. I am not sure how to choose the right one. When can one fly back after the surgery?
The doctor at the House Clinic told me I could fly home 5 days after surgery. I think I am going to have someone drive me just to be sure. He said I would come out on a Wednesday, have the surgery under local anesthesia on Thursday morning and fly home on Sunday. Other doctors are more conservative and say 2 months or so before you fly, I believe. If I were you, I would find out how many surgeries the doctors you mention in Denver do and maybe talk to someone who has had it done by them. I am going to have mine done sometime in late January or early February. Good luck and let me know what you decide. Maybe we will go through this at the same time. One ear or both?
Chrimar

Old 12-13-2010, 06:42 AM   #7
(male)

manojc04 HB User

Quote:
The doctor at the House Clinic told me I could fly home 5 days after surgery. I think I am going to have someone drive me just to be sure. He said I would come out on a Wednesday, have the surgery under local anesthesia on Thursday morning and fly home on Sunday. Other doctors are more conservative and say 2 months or so before you fly, I believe. If I were you, I would find out how many surgeries the doctors you mention in Denver do and maybe talk to someone who has had it done by them. I am going to have mine done sometime in late January or early February. Good luck and let me know what you decide. Maybe we will go through this at the same time. One ear or both?
Chrimar
I am trying to find out more about doctors here but there is not much information available online. Its difficult to find out someone who had their surgery done by these doctors. I asked for some testimonials from doctors but they can't disclose patient information. Mine is right ear. Good luck to you too.

Last edited by manojc04; 12-13-2010 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Adding more

Old 12-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #8
(female)

chrimar HB User

Quote:
I am trying to find out more about doctors here but there is not much information available online. Its difficult to find out someone who had their surgery done by these doctors. I asked for some testimonials from doctors but they can't disclose patient information. Mine is right ear. Good luck to you too.
Mine is the left ear and I sometimes think (and worry) that the other ear is starting to be affected. I first noticed about 2 1/2 years ago that things were not as loud in my left ear. It gradually got worse until last summer when I realized I could not hear a person speak if they were to my left. That is when I go audiological testing and went to get a hearing aid. No one in my family has ever had this problem. The hearing aid is okay but I really would love to be able to hear again in that ear without it. The surgery is kind of scary but most people do well. Anyway, I want to try it early in 2011. Have you talked to a doctor in Denver about the surgery? If not, then go see him and ask lots of questions.
Chrimar

Old 12-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #9
(male)

manojc04 HB User

Quote:
Mine is the left ear and I sometimes think (and worry) that the other ear is starting to be affected. I first noticed about 2 1/2 years ago that things were not as loud in my left ear. It gradually got worse until last summer when I realized I could not hear a person speak if they were to my left. That is when I go audiological testing and went to get a hearing aid. No one in my family has ever had this problem. The hearing aid is okay but I really would love to be able to hear again in that ear without it. The surgery is kind of scary but most people do well. Anyway, I want to try it early in 2011. Have you talked to a doctor in Denver about the surgery? If not, then go see him and ask lots of questions.
Chrimar
What other tests did you go through to decide that you need a surgery. I only went through audiology. Just wondering if CSCAN also needed? I am scared too and thinking is it worth taking the risk since I can hear fine in left ear.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:14 AM   #10
(female)

chrimar HB User

Quote:
What other tests did you go through to decide that you need a surgery. I only went through audiology. Just wondering if CSCAN also needed? I am scared too and thinking is it worth taking the risk since I can hear fine in left ear.
I did have an MRI last summer which was negative. I was told the only way they really know for sure, though, is when they open up the eardrum and look inside the middle ear at the bones. I was really diagnosed by the audiological tests and also because my bone conduction is better than air conduction in my left ear (on tuning fork test by doctor). The doctor at the House clinic told me that CT scan can sometimes show otosclerosis, but is not always positive. If you have some doubts, you should ask your doctor if he would order one. Like you, I still have a good ear so it is probably worth taking a risk to try to fix the bad one. Have you been to see any of the recommended doctors yet?

Old 12-15-2010, 10:22 PM   #11
(male)

manojc04 HB User

Quote:
I did have an MRI last summer which was negative. I was told the only way they really know for sure, though, is when they open up the eardrum and look inside the middle ear at the bones. I was really diagnosed by the audiological tests and also because my bone conduction is better than air conduction in my left ear (on tuning fork test by doctor). The doctor at the House clinic told me that CT scan can sometimes show otosclerosis, but is not always positive. If you have some doubts, you should ask your doctor if he would order one. Like you, I still have a good ear so it is probably worth taking a risk to try to fix the bad one. Have you been to see any of the recommended doctors yet?
Thanks and good luck. I am planning to see doctors next week. Will probably see both before I decide.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:59 PM   #12
(male)

rai75 HB User

Quote:
Thanks and good luck. I am planning to see doctors next week. Will probably see both before I decide.
Hi,
Dr Robert Muckle of Denver ear Associate is v good. His specialization is middle ear. Did a mastoidectomy on my left ear this last september. Did is fellowship at house ear.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:06 PM   #13
(male)

manojc04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rai75 View Post
Hi,
Dr Robert Muckle of Denver ear Associate is v good. His specialization is middle ear. Did a mastoidectomy on my left ear this last september. Did is fellowship at house ear.
Thanks rai, I will check doctor Muckle.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #14
(male)

manojc04 HB User

Quote:
Thanks rai, I will check doctor Muckle.
After visiting few doctors, I finally got it done by doctor Cass. Haven't had too much of post surgery issues except bad taste and mild pain. Bad taste still continues after 3 weeks. There is definitely a hearing improvement but still having tinnitus problem occasionally. Hearing also going up and down, I guess it will take some time to stabalize. Have a follow up with doc in a month.

The following user gives a hug of support to manojc04:
coolcolli (02-18-2011)
Old 02-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #15
(male)

coolcolli HB User

For Bay Area, CA: Brad Hendricks in Palo Alto Medical Foundation.

Reply Reply