It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
(female)

topsy123 HB User
Accoustic neuroma???

Hi, went to see a consultant today re my ear. For a long time I have been complaining of very bad headaches, almost cluster headaches, but most days I have to take medication to ease them.
My ear is crackling so loudly, that my partner can hear it, two feet away from me, so you can imagine how loud it is in my head. I have a feeling off fullnes in my head and ear pressure. This last couple of months, my balance has not been good, but off and on. Also, I have no problem hearing, far from it, I hear to much, sometimes ordinary day to day sounds are VERY loud and hurt my ears.
So, today I went to see a consultant. He tested my hearing and it was spot on, and I had a test done the measure the pressure in my ear and head. Again, absolutly normal, and thats great. However it doesn't account for the symptoms I am getting. He said I am to have an MRI and I have been booked in to have one tommorrow, (how quick is that!!!). He wrote on the form "Accoustic neuro". What does this mean?. I am concerned and trying not to be...Any help or info here would be great.....Thanks.

Closed Thread