It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2011, 05:52 PM   #16
(female)

billcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB User
Re: 12 days post stapedectomy and worried

nicole...

How are things coming along.....

Old 04-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #17
(female)

nicoxletti HB User

Hi Cindy,

Did you see my last post???

But, things are ok. I have had headache since yesterday. So I am trying to stay hydrated. I do have a few good things that have happened. I was on the phone with my mom and just wanted to see if I could hear so we tried and I heard something. Not clear really, just some sound vibrations but its better than nothing. And now when I am on the phone I have to have the volume way down in my good ear because the sound resignates throughout my head! Its feels crazy!

How are you? Any new news?? How is the nose spray working???

Nicole

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #18
(female)

billcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB User

Weird...I could not see any other posts from you since we spoke last. Wonder where it went... LOL

I am hanging in there....it is really hard I will be honest with you. I have my ups and downs. I am using the nasal spray and the pressure is not as often as it was but still there. I still hear popping noises crunching in my ear..so weird. sometimes when I yawn and close my jaw tight I hear a crunchy sound in the ear I was getting this before and thought it was the gel in there dissolving making this sound..but not sure now what it is.....And this is the weirdest since Tuesday I am now experiencing static almost I guess I would describe it as in my ear.. Talk about driving you crazy...sometimes it is really loud other times not so bad. This morning I woke up and I swear my hearing was so bad...couldn t hear anything and my ear felt so clogged. and at times..feels like something is in my ear. I actually read a post from another that had the same symptoms that I am experiencing but it was old and I could not ask her anything about what happened later.

I go back to my doctor in three weeks and I really need to bring this all up to him... I am grasping straws here but I wonder what your hearing is like if your presthesis slipped or is out of wack so to say. 2 days after surgery I had the worse head cold with congestion in my sinus'..sneezing. I called him to see what I could take. I know he spoke about an xray but he just wants to get the dizziness under control first but I plan on asking at my next visit to get one scheduled...I have also scheduled an appointment with my primary to see if any of the dizziness might be high blood pressure from all this stress...I still do have the dizzy spell if i am laying on my backand turn my head to the right side(op ear) but it passes in a few mins.

sounds like your hearing is getting better each day. Being able to hear on the phone is great and you still have stuff in your ear wow.... Remember don t get to caught up in the posts here...everyone is different and sometimes I find myself more bummed after reading it...don t allow yourself to go there....

Old 04-04-2011, 11:32 AM   #19
(female)

Nicole...

How many weeks are you post surgery...what is happening this week for you

Old 04-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #20
(female)

nicoxletti HB User

Hi Cindy!

Sorry I haven't posted back yet. Its been a weekend. I went to the doctor this morning. So, my prosthesis did slip :-( We think so anyways, one more week and we will probably schedule the revision surgery. I think I am doing ok, I just can't believe it happened. Of course it happend to me! Thats what I feel like anyways.

So I am 3 weeks 4 days today and no hearing, only sensorineural. Which is still doing great so we know that I have no nerve damage which is great. And the revision surgery is much easier, he shouldn't have to drill another hole. With my luck he will! Hahah. jk. Unfortunately, all the things i though were hearing improvements were just loud enough to vibrate the bones and that is why I could hear them :/

So how are you doing? Any improvement?

Sorry, I have been a flake, I just was having a hard time sorting through the information!

I hope all is well and I hope to hear from you soon!

Nicole

Old 04-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #21
(female)

Hi Nicole...

No problem..I am there with you. I too have to wonder what is going on with my hearing. I am going to ask my dr. to see if my presthesis might have slipped also..I just thought that you would be totally deaf if it did but from reading on here I see that is not true. I actually called my dr. right at closing time to ask about this annoying static that is still here.. the receptionist said it could be fluid in my middle ear..but not sure. waiting on call back .. I do know that my ear does not feel right..really heavy feeling is all I can really say. Can you tell me how your ear feels...I am hearing clicking sounds..crunching...static...heavy feeling...an I swear sometimes it feels like there is something in there...pressure too at times. but my dizziness seems to be getting better . Today is the first day I can say it is not bothersome at all.

Let me know how your ear is feeling... Your revision surgery is going to be soon...you must be very excited..Did you happen to get a cold after your surgery..I did two days after.. Did your doctor say what might have caused it to slip

Talk with you soon...

cindy

Old 04-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #22
(female)

and as far as you feeling like of course this would happen to me with the slipped presthesis...

SO CAN RELATE TO YOU!!!!! The sad thing is when i went into this I never even thought about not getting it all back or even it slipping...my first surgery went fine 17 years ago so I never even visited that this time..
sorry i forgot to add this to my above post...

Old 04-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #23
(female)

nicoxletti HB User

Thanks Cindy! I have no hearing what so ever from my ear canal. I do have a lot of static and sometimes some ringing. I get the heavy feeling you have. Its only there sometimes but its annoying for sure. I can put cotton in my ear, scream into it, rub it, anything, no sound transmitts.

Do you have any sounds coming in? If you rub it can you hear anything? You could just still be healing. Like you said, its much better than before the surgery. So you could be on the right track, just healing. I will hope that is what it is for your sake :-)

I asked the doctor how we can find out if the prosthesis slipped and he said there is really no way until you get in there. I asked about a CT scan and he said its so small, it would be way to hard to tell. Plus all my signs lead to a slip.

Nicole

Old 04-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #24
(female)

I do have some hearing ...I can actually put my finger in my ear and hear it..I can also hear if I put the cotton ball in my canal and rub.. I used to not be able to hear my kids and can sometimes make it out now if they talk alittle louder.I will say if i do those two things in my other ear I can not hear it very well that ear is worse in hearing then operated ear only 40% dr said-this is how I judged that it had worked after surgery... I can t hear any back noises..low noises at all...soft voice..forget it..but I can hear my windchimes outside.. i have difficulties with certain tones for sure....if you whisper..no way..my hearing is like under water..blocked

I think that my hearing varies each day-today was a bad day. I can say that my ear is annoying the heck out of me...I am constantly tugging at it..before the surgery the only way I could describe my ear was it felt dead. not sure if that makes since.. The static is really what is bothering me...The more you try to ignore it...you know what happens LOL. This am..was the worse..just really bothered me so much and my voice is sooo loud in my head-it sounds the way it does when you have a nasty head cold with the worse stuffy nose-you have this... I also noticed one time my ear popped I heard the static get louder scared me to death... What are you doing to zone out the static...

I am so happy that I have you to talk with..it really makes me feel better . I feel bad even mentioning anything to my hubby..he has to be tired of hearing it all by now.. And honestly..only someone who has gone thru this can understand how emotionally draining it is.....

Thank you Nicole for being there for me....

Old 04-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #25
(female)

nicoxletti HB User

Hi Cindy,

Don't worry you can totally vent to me! Thats what I am here for. Honestly, I am totally jealous of what hearing you do have. I can only hope that my hearing gets to that point after the revision surgery!

I have not gotten sick one bit! I have no idea how it could have slipped. Neither does the doctor. I think it slipped before I even woke up from surgery! hahaha. I haven't been abel to hear anything since after the surgery. When I woke up he rubbed my ear and asked if i could hear it and nothing. Not even a little bit of sound. So maybe when they transfered me to the bed it slipped. I don't know. I can only drive myself more crazy trying to think of how it could have happend.

So keep your chin up... you have what sounds to be like improvement. They also told me that anxiety and stress can slow down the healing process. I tend to be a hippy, but I really believe positive thinking and deep breaths can really calm one down.

Nicole

Old 04-05-2011, 04:24 AM   #26
(female)

Nicole...

Funny thing is all my friends will come to me with problems and I am always that person that will say...come on get your chin up...no more neg. thoughts. and list all the positives for them. I also believe like you..stress only slows things down... I am now trying to get back into my exercise routine which has always been my de-stresser..not at my old level but just something to start at...

The following user gives a hug of support to billcindy1:
nicoxletti (04-05-2011)
Old 04-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #27
(female)

I just heard from my doctor himself. He wants an xray to see what is going on in there. He asked alot of questions and I did the same. funny take me out of the office and I don t have a problem with questions LOL... He also said he wants to see me before the end of the month...I remembered to tell him everything I have said to you with my symptoms...I even shared that this am I could not hear my hubby well at all..that is usually not a problem for me because he has a loud voice..it was so muffled I had to put in my hearing aid to make it out... So now I just need to be patient and see what comes next...

Old 04-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #28
(female)

nicoxletti HB User

Yay! I am glad you talked with your doctor. I asked mine if we could do an xray or something to see if it was really out of place and he said its too small to see and we would have to go in to make sure. But all my signs lead to a slip. I hope it all gets figured out for you soon Cindy!

I think a little excersize never hurt anyone, especially if it realxes you. I wanted to start back up on yoga but I feel like, why? if I am going to have surgery in the next couple weeks. Hahhah. I am also being lazy!

Keep me posted! And I will do the same :-)

Nicole

Old 04-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #29
(female)

nicoxletti HB User

Hi Cindy,

Just stopping in to say HI. Today is a bad day and I wanted to vent about it :-) I woke up about 5:30 am with the loudest (tinnitus) static I have ever experienced. Its driving me insane. Its softened up a bit but man is it annoying. I don't have any vertigo, just the noise.

So I called the doctor and he was suprised. He said he never had anyone wall complaining of that and didn't have vertigo or improved hearing. Mine still is empty of sound... nothing going in :-( So who knows, but he said wait until Friday and see how it goes. There is a small possibility that it may mean that my hearing may be coming? He might want to do a hearing test again to see if it improved. But he has never seen anyone take this long to heal/hear. If anything, it will be me who that happens too. Especially with all the other things I have to deal with. Hhahah.

So how are you doing? Any changes???

Nicole

Old 04-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #30
(female)

Good Evening Nicole.....

I can relate to you with the static sound..Mine started last Tues. Wed. and it seems to get worse in loud areas...or if I get stressed out. It was so bad this weekend... I still have it as of today...I seem to be getting use to it somewhat...but when it is loud it really is annoying. and a couple of times it started bothering me during sleep. I am lucky because my hearing aid actually helps... but once I take it out..there it is loud and clear... also last Friday my ear popped sort of and when it did the static sound got even louder..scared me to death and then I said..oh god not any louder please...then went back to normal static sound...

My Doctor was surprised too..my dizziness is actually better right now : ) and for that I am happy...it was really awful constantly feeling off balanced and dizzy at times and it didn t even happen until like week three or four I think... weird I still have the popping..clicking..crunching..sound daily..still have the feeling like something is in my ear. I did tell him that I felt my hearing was actually alittle worse and I only say that because in the am I had difficulties hearing my hubby...and that is usually not an issue..I have to really listen to him to kind of hear him but not yesterday..I could not make out anything...

I am with you on this...I also wonder..does this mean my hearing might be on its way. Did I tell you that someone from here that had the same symptoms as me and she said she was where I am with recovery and felt her revision did not work and she was destended to be deaf for life and slowly things turned around and it had to do with fluid in her middle ear and it took forever... I am not getting my hopes up but am I allowed to say.. please please please be me...

Also..when did you have your hearing test? Did they say you had any improvement at all.. Also...can you tell me if your voice sounds very loud in your head.. Like the way it does when you have a bad cold with stuffed nose..???

I wanted to tell you I did jump into my video workout yesterday..god if felt great too...I said my my hubby..off the pitytrain and on with my life..this is rediculious I must move on and stop dwelling..doesn t help any..like my friend from Los Angeles has said..THANK YOU! my main destresser has always been workingout..something I have not been doing..

Last edited by moderator2; 04-06-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Reply Reply