It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
(female)

Earswyoming HB User
Stapendectomy

I had a stapendectomy in Feb 2011. Everything has been going great until a couple weeks ago. I was wondering if anyone has had any of the same symptoms as me??? My Doctor placed a teflon rod in my right ear, still need to have the left ear done. I feel like i have had weird sensations in my head for about the last month. Also, have been getting a lot more migraines too. I was wondering if there was any way I could be allergic to the Teflon rod??? Anyone else experienced anything like this? I can hear great out of that ear and haven't had any pain in that ear. Please let me know if anyone out there has the same symptoms? Thanks
Earswyoming

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2011, 05:39 PM   #2
(female)

Fantine HB UserFantine HB UserFantine HB UserFantine HB User
Re: Stapendectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earswyoming View Post
I had a stapendectomy in Feb 2011. Everything has been going great until a couple weeks ago. I was wondering if anyone has had any of the same symptoms as me??? My Doctor placed a teflon rod in my right ear, still need to have the left ear done. I feel like i have had weird sensations in my head for about the last month. Also, have been getting a lot more migraines too. I was wondering if there was any way I could be allergic to the Teflon rod??? Anyone else experienced anything like this? I can hear great out of that ear and haven't had any pain in that ear. Please let me know if anyone out there has the same symptoms? Thanks
Earswyoming
I was under the impression that the rods are made out of material that is hypoallergenic. Mine is titantium, according to the surgeon and is MRI-compatible (although I hope I never have to have another MRI for as long as I live). I think that you should talk to your doctor about your symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
(female)

Earswyoming HB User

I was thinking it was hypoallergenic also...i am wondering if it is possible for my other ear that has otosclerosis to be causing these weird symptoms due to being off having one good ear now and one bad ear. I have constant white noise in my left ear due to otosclerosis..and also still having some off balance issues! I will be so glad when i have the other ear done also.. Thanks for the response

Old 04-25-2011, 02:12 PM   #4
(female)

Fantine HB UserFantine HB UserFantine HB UserFantine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earswyoming View Post
I was thinking it was hypoallergenic also...i am wondering if it is possible for my other ear that has otosclerosis to be causing these weird symptoms due to being off having one good ear now and one bad ear. I have constant white noise in my left ear due to otosclerosis..and also still having some off balance issues! I will be so glad when i have the other ear done also.. Thanks for the response
I know exactly what you mean about "one good ear" and "one bad." My "good" ear hears all the bass, so everything sounds "lopsided." Did your surgeon say when he'd be willing to operate on your second ear? A lot of them make you wait a year between surgeries.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #5
(female)

Earswyoming HB User

I am going to see the doctor May 10th so i will let you know what he says I feel lopsided sometimes too! Ear problems really suck! We take are ears for granted until something like this happens

Reply Reply