It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2011, 07:01 AM   #1
(female)

SoonToBeMrsL HB User
Unhappy Newbie of otosclerosis-freaked out!

Hi all,
I have had progressive hearing loss in my right ear since Sept. 2010. I noticed that I couldnt hear my sons bus coming down the street in my right ear. I blew it off until I couldnt take it anymore! Went to have it checked out and at the last visit the ENT said I probably have OTOSCLEROSIS.... well ok, but IM ONLY 25!! And from what I have read on other sites- I could go deaf?? I have lost 50db since September of 2010. Everything I cant hear is low-tones.. I can hear high-pitched ok. The TINNITUS is SOOOO BAD.
I guess my question is-how old were you all when you were diagnosed?
How fast did your otosclerosis progress?
Did you have the Stapedectomy? Was it successful?
Thanks
ps. I feel like i am the youngest person ever to get this! My doc said it probably had something to do with being pregnant. (I had my daughter in november 09)

Old 04-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
(female)

Earswyoming HB User
Re: Newbie of otosclerosis-freaked out!

I also was diagnoised with otosclerosis at around age 25...it has gotten worse and worse. I had a stapendectomy done in Feb on my right ear and i can hear great in that ear now and no more tinnitus. I am going to have surgery on my left ear also..my right ear was worse than my left. Now i notice how bad my left ear is beings that my right ear is good. I have constant white noise in left ear. I is annoying. My ears also got worse after having children. I am now in my early 30's and it got so bad it was like having a helicoper in my ears when i would lay down at night. I was pretty bad! that has went away in my right ear after having stapendectomy. hope this helps..let me know your outcome on surgery.
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
(female)

leleoh HB User
Re: Newbie of otosclerosis-freaked out!

My son was diagnosed at age 13. He wears a hearing aid right now, will probably get surgery when he's ready. He's 17 now.

Reply Reply