It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
(male)

Bloom81 HB User
Stapedectomy surgeon in Minneapolis/St Paul

Folks,

I'm scheduled for a stapedectomy procedure on July 20. My surgery is scheduled with William Garvis at the Ear, Nose, and Throat Clinic of Minneapolis. Obviously the hearing loss is a pain, but tinnitus is quite a bother, too. Did anyone else have tinnitus before the surgery? Did the surgery have any effect on the tinnitus?

Thanks.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
(female)

SuSo HB User
Re: Stapedectomy surgeon in Minneapolis/St Paul

Slight tinnitus before and so far 11 days post-op same sight buzzing sound in ear.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
(male)

kvothe HB User

Hi Bloom - I had tympanoplasty done by the same surgeon from the same clinic in Minneapolis. In roughly 6 months I'm planning to have additional middle ear surgery, potentially stapedectomy. Since you're now 6 days post-op, I'd love to know how the surgery went with Dr. Garvis.

Hope you're doing well!!!

Old 07-27-2011, 04:21 AM   #4
(male)

Sanguine2011 HB UserSanguine2011 HB UserSanguine2011 HB UserSanguine2011 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloom81 View Post
Folks,

I'm scheduled for a stapedectomy procedure on July 20. My surgery is scheduled with William Garvis at the Ear, Nose, and Throat Clinic of Minneapolis. Obviously the hearing loss is a pain, but tinnitus is quite a bother, too. Did anyone else have tinnitus before the surgery? Did the surgery have any effect on the tinnitus?

Thanks.
Hi!
I had tinnitus before surgery which I had on June 20th(stapedectomy).My hearing has significantly improved but to be honest I still have tinnitus which is less noticeable/bothersome when I have voices around me but becomes pronounced in silence.But people say tinnitus also decreases with the passage of time and with improved hearing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sanguine2011 For This Useful Post:
Bloom81 (07-27-2011)
Old 07-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #5
(male)

Bloom81 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvothe View Post
Hi Bloom - I had tympanoplasty done by the same surgeon from the same clinic in Minneapolis. In roughly 6 months I'm planning to have additional middle ear surgery, potentially stapedectomy. Since you're now 6 days post-op, I'd love to know how the surgery went with Dr. Garvis.

Hope you're doing well!!!
The surgery went well with Dr. Garvis -- he's highly competent. Overall, I'm doing well. Very little pain. After the 3rd day, though, I started to suffer from dizziness/vertigo, which has kept me mostly housebound. The dizziness/vertigo is getting better, though. I hope to be back into my social life within a week's time.

As for my hearing, I haven't yet had the packing removed from my ear, so I can't yet say anything about whether the hearing has improved. From what I was told, the hearing will come back over the course of weeks and months.

I hope your surgery with Dr. Garvis also goes well!

Last edited by Bloom81; 07-27-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
(female)

billcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB User

hello Bloom....

I am almost 8 weeks post op...this coming Friday...my recovery has been like most...taking everything easy. I hope that you start to feel better soon...this surgery can be tough on us for sure...

How are you managing with the shampooing.? that was probably the hardest for me at first then I became a pro at it LOL...I find that using the shower head in my hand while bending over the tub worked the best for me. I was able to control where the water was going...just tried to keep it as far away from operated side as possible...also..dry shampoo was my best friend..

take it easy and keep us posted
Cindy

Closed Thread