It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
(female)

Lynamin HB User
Exclamation Post-Stapedectomy. 3rd day post-op and hearing unsual noises. Comment please!

Dear all,
Today is my third day post-op on my right ear and whilst I was sleeping last night I heard some very strange noise. Normally I suffer from loud tinnitus (ringing in the ear) and even after the surgery I still have tinnitus however the noise I heard last night sounded like the shower was turned on full blast and was louder than my usual tinnitus. when i woke up from the sound I was slightly lying on my operated ear which caused a bit of blood to leak out from my packaged ear (which I have been told its normal). This very loud 'shower' noise lasted about an hour before it subsided and the normal high pitch tinnitus resumed.

My question is for those who has tinnutis and has had this operation, do you feel that your tinnitus improves or even go away after sometime? I'm so worried that after taking out the packing (in first week) and dissovling of the gel (in 3 weeks) will still leave me with the misery of tinnitus.

As for my hearing since my ear is so full of packing and gel I really cant hear anything from that ear. But if I rub softly on the outer packing i can hear it vibrate loudly, so i take that as a good sign that my hearing is there. Not sure if it has imporved or not though.

Any comments or advice on your experience with tinnitus would be much appreciated.

Thank you all in advance ^_^

Last edited by Lynamin; 07-02-2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Typo

Old 07-02-2011, 10:35 PM   #2
(female)

SuSo HB User
Re: Post-Stapedectomy. 3rd day post-op and hearing unsual noises. Comment please!

Twelve days post-op, my tinnitus is more constant than it was before the surgery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2011, 12:45 AM   #3
(female)

Lynamin HB User
Re: Post-Stapedectomy. 3rd day post-op and hearing unsual noises. Comment please!

Thanks for your comment.

So it seems I am not the only one with worser tinnitus post-op. I wonder if it will get better?

The wierd thing for me is that the sounds are very different from pre-op and its louder too

Old 07-03-2011, 12:58 AM   #4
(female)

Lynamin HB User

Its somewhat of a relief knowing that I'm not the only one that is having more constant tinnitus post-op. But is this normal? will it get better?

The noises I hear are so much louder and the sounds of the tinnitus is quite different as compared to pre-op.

I hope it gets better for you, please let me know if you experience any more changes or improvments in your tinnitus in the days or weeks to come.

Thanks very much

Last edited by Administrator; 07-04-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #5
(female)

floridachick1 HB User

14 days post op. My tinnitis is worse than before the surgery as well. Was in to see the Dr. on Thursday to have the packing suctoined out (which was the weirdest sound so far) and he told me that it is normal and it should get better as time goes by.

Closed Thread