It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2011, 12:24 AM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Need hearing aid advice

I have severe hearing loss in one ear that I've had from birth. I've started losing hearing in my "good" ear and now have mild hearing loss in it. I'm told that the he new technology in high-end digital hearing aids could be of some benefit to me now. In the past, the technology just made things louder, but didn't work to help me with comprehension at all. I'm now in a position that I can make the investment in a pair of hearing aids and I've done a lot of internet research and talked to my Audiologist, but I'm interested to get advice from people on this board about which brands they actually have success with. Are there favorites out there? Are there questions that I need to make sure I ask before I make this purchase? It is such a large investment that I don't want to make a mistake.

Thanks,
MountainReader

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
(male)

Sanguine2011 HB UserSanguine2011 HB UserSanguine2011 HB UserSanguine2011 HB User
Re: Need hearing aid advice

Hi!
I have been using Phonax hearing aids which are digital hearing aids and can be adjusted for various levels of hearing loss.In my one ear, I had severe hearing loss but the hearing aid made such a great difference that even with one hearing aid in my worst ear, I could enjoy everything and listen to everything as if I had normal hearing in both ears.And if I put hearing aids in both my ears(I have two hearding aids) then I can hear absolutely in the same way as a normal person hears and these are absolutely fantastic and very comfortable to wear.but try to buy good quality stuff because cheaper versions can make you miss a lot and even after wearing them,you shall have to face almost the same problems,of course less severe, as you are facing now without hearing aids.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread