It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2011, 04:42 AM   #1
(female)

mollyrivers HB User
Ear infection otitis media and ringing noise

Please somebody advice me what to do, it all started with deborox drops which i used for wax removal and since then my left ear got infected first i was diagnosed with otitis externa later after 3 days the doc removed heavy wax and also confirmed that i had otitis media too and she gave an antibiotics course for 10 days ( amoxicilin) . Now even after i finished my course i can still hear the ringing noise and there is no wax around my ear please let me know if my noise will go away with infection and how many more days i need to wait its so frustrating especially during the night times .Thanks In advance

Old 07-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
(female)

leleoh HB User
Re: Ear infection otitis media and ringing noise

The ringing you're hearing is called tinnitus, and it can be extremely annoying. I fell in January and severely damaged the hearing in my left ear. For the first two weeks there was no tinnitus, but once it started I have had it ever since.

It may resolve on it's own after a couple of weeks, it may your new constant companion. Have you noticed any loss of hearing in the ear you had the infection in? Has your hearing been tested?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread