It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
(female)

xKiRsTx HB User
Unhappy Shooting pain in ear canal

I have an unusual pain in my ear, it becomes unbearable at times. I have had it for about a week, I thought it would go away in time but it has gotten worse. Now the pain has sunk it's way into the right hand side of my face and jaw near the Ear.

As I have never been diagnosed with TMJ when seen by a doctor, I am confused as to what I blame the severe pain on. It stops me from wanting to eat at times as the pain effects my jaw and causes problems with chewing or even talking at times. I recently got a stretcher for my ear but the pain was still there before I got it.

I have no idea what is going on with my ear but the obvious popping noises i hear seem to drive me insane, and the pain when I try to clean my ears doesn't get much better. I am looking for advice or maybe even someone with the same symptoms, as I have never had this before and I feel worried as to what it might be.

xKiRsTx

Old 07-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
(female)

libby580 HB User
Re: Shooting pain in ear canal

I think you have an ear infection, I know that doesn't quite cover how bad it really feels but I have had similar pains where it goes into my jaw. What I do is pour some rubbing alcohol in my ear and pull on my ear lobe till I feel like the liquid is all the way down my ear canal and let it sit in there for a minute before taking a cotton ball and turning my head the other way to drain out the excess. This is what my mom did when I was a kid and it seems to help. It may burn if your ear is inflamed. If it doesn't go away in a week or so I'd go to a doctor and maybe get some antibiotics.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2011, 04:17 AM   #3
(female)

billcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB User
Re: Shooting pain in ear canal

I experienced the same with my ear infection. it was the worse pain I had ever had actually woke me up during the night...awful....I also know that it did effect my eating.. my jaw hurt like a son of a gun. My doctor put me on antibiotics and took about a week to clear up. Don t wait to long...get yourself to a doctor to see if it is an ear infection...not worth messing around with your hearing..

As far as TMJ..I also have that...and it can cause pain in your ears...jaw.teeth ..face..neck.....you name it.

Cindy

Closed Thread