It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
(female)

libby580 HB User
Need some Advice!

Alright so here is my story:

I got tubes put in my ears as a toddler, nobody but my mom could understand me till I was 6 or so, I was in Speech Therapy through elementary school. I have had persistent ear infections for most of my life. I used to take antibiotics for them, but I now am immune to Ammoxicillin. I don't even bother to go to the doctor anymore because I don't have insurance and I'm currently unemployed. When I start to feel like I'm getting an ear infection I either go get some swimmers ear stuff at CVS or I use a drops of Rubbing Alcohol to dry out the fluid. I have a really hard time hearing people if there is a lot of background noise. Even if it is just the TV and other people are talking on it I have to mute it to be able to hear my Fiancé who is standing right in front of me. I often have a mild pain in one or both of my ears and sometimes I experience vertigo, especially when I'm tired. I often feel like there is pressure behind my ears and my ears will pop occasionally. I sometimes get a ringing noise in my ears too for no apparent reason.

I have started to wear headphones all the time to hear anything on the TV or my computer. I can hardly ever understand what people are saying on the phone no matter how much I turn up the volume. If things are on too loud, like music, then I can't understand what is being said at all by anything and I feel like I am in a vacuum of noise.

I'm 25 years old and I'm wondering If by the time I'm 50 I'll be deaf? I don't know what I should tell the doctor when I can afford to go to one, or if this is just a problem that won't go away and I'm just being a hypochondriac. Any advice or suggestions would be welcome. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread