It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
(female)

dogmom HB Userdogmom HB User
Finding the right hearing aid is tough...

Just found out that my hubby will most likely need a hearing aid. The most difficult part is deciding...which one? Naturally, his audioaulogist (sp) is shilling the most expensive brand, but there are so many others out there. Has anyone tried NeutronicEar? There are also others out there that are under $170 w/a 45 guaranteed refund policy.

Any advice? Thanx!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
(male)

Sanguine2011 HB UserSanguine2011 HB UserSanguine2011 HB UserSanguine2011 HB User
Re: Finding the right hearing aid is tough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Just found out that my hubby will most likely need a hearing aid. The most difficult part is deciding...which one? Naturally, his audioaulogist (sp) is shilling the most expensive brand, but there are so many others out there. Has anyone tried NeutronicEar? There are also others out there that are under $170 w/a 45 guaranteed refund policy.

Any advice? Thanx!
Hi!
Before having a stapedectomy just two months ago,I used hearing aids for almost 6 years(now my hearing has become almost normal and I do not need hearing aids).If your husband has any degree of hearing loss,I would suggest that instead of buying such a product,try to get a proper hearing aid and not just a sound amplifier and get it adjusted by your audiologist according to the exact nature of hearing loss.you need not necessarily spend too much money but it should be an authentic product if you want to really improve the quality of life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
(female)

dogmom HB Userdogmom HB User
Re: Finding the right hearing aid is tough...

T)ANC so much for your input. After speaking with his net doc in regards to the MRI he had Friday, he told him there was no tumor, thank goodness.

Ever the cheap, my husband found a heari online tha has a 45day gurantt so he,s going it
Oy.
The doc said that was but his hearing loss is bad that if he does,nt do something soon, it will be permanent.

She never mentioned the surgery you folks all talk about here I to find out more..he wants to ordr things on amazon. He makee crazy this your hearing we,re talking. Grrrrrrrr

Closed Thread