It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
(female)

ksc1968 HB Userksc1968 HB User
distorted out of tune hearing (higher pitch only)

Hi...I went to the ent a few months ago for a strange symptom. Every week, for a few hours, my right ear gets a pressure feeling and within half hour my hearing gets very distorted, it almost sounds robotic. High pitched sounds sound tinny, and out of tune (like a bad piano). Listening to music is unbearable, and my daughters voice, being so high pitched is very uncomfortable.
The hearing tests were normal. He said I could do a mri, but it probly would be normal ( to look for a acoustic neuroma). I didnt do the mri, as it would cost me alot of money.
I dont know if it could be related, but I was in the past low in iron and vit d. I take supplements now, but have forgotten to take them over the last month.

Any ideas on what this could be...the dr kind of blew me off. He said I could go to the house ear institute in LA, which I am considering doing.
Thanks for any advice
Kelly

Old 09-09-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
(male)

paul4488 HB User
Re: distorted out of tune hearing (higher pitch only)

House ear in LA seems to be fantastic.
I'm not even a patient yet they took my calls post op and answered very thoroughly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #3
(male)

beachbummers HB User
Re: distorted out of tune hearing (higher pitch only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksc1968 View Post
Hi...I went to the ent a few months ago for a strange symptom. Every week, for a few hours, my right ear gets a pressure feeling and within half hour my hearing gets very distorted, it almost sounds robotic. High pitched sounds sound tinny, and out of tune (like a bad piano). Listening to music is unbearable, and my daughters voice, being so high pitched is very uncomfortable.
The hearing tests were normal. He said I could do a mri, but it probly would be normal ( to look for a acoustic neuroma). I didnt do the mri, as it would cost me alot of money.
I dont know if it could be related, but I was in the past low in iron and vit d. I take supplements now, but have forgotten to take them over the last month.

Any ideas on what this could be...the dr kind of blew me off. He said I could go to the house ear institute in LA, which I am considering doing.
Thanks for any advice
Kelly
I woke up this morning with a strange feeling in my ears. I now hear sounds in an over modulated kind of way. Like in a that Peter Framptom song or when they do an investigative interview and they disguise the person's voice. It was very noticeable while driving my daughter to school as she talked. I've been searching the net for answers. Certain words are distorted. Strangely, my only other hearing issues have been not being able to hear crickets chirp out of one of my ears. I'll be making a visit to my primary dr. asap I'll take any constructive advice from people with similar problems.

Closed Thread