It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
(male)

Memoryus HB User
Ear pain (+ tinnitus) after hit by a flat hand

I am asking if is there anyone with similar problem (or even the same) or someone who knows somebody with this. Ok, let me tell the story and problem and thanks for responses

I got hit by my classmate straight onto my ear with flat hand Ôn may 2010, it hurt, it was bad, i heard noise and didn't listen well etc.. The day after it i was travelling with my parents somewhere and i have been listetning to the music from in-ear headphones (which is so far the greatest mistake i have done, well, of course i am 18 but still, i am dumb and i regret a lot. There is no way i can excuse this). I donť know why i was so stupid (stupid is so not equally strong word) but it got a much better in the next weeks and i was in state that i could normally listen to music at home (no pain, just occasional weird feeling in my ear which was nothing compared to current state), i was too a few parties in clubs with earplugs and it was not limiting me nearly not at all, it was fine...i just could not listen to music with in-ear. It was fine, i was writing about music (cause i love music) to one big czech server etc. and i thought it would be fine. But this was not end of it.

30th April (i do not know if you celebrate it, but this is a day of burning witches in our country) i went to a village show with my friend without earplugs (i forgotten them), i was trying to stay away from music as much as i could, but i don't know why it all got worse. Really worse. I went to a specialized doctor and he said, that it will probably fix in like five years. The good thing is, that over that year (from 2010, over the incident when it got worse till now) my hearing has improved by paper and hearing analysis, i can now hear all frequencies properly, as in my good ear. So there's probably something going inside my ear.

So, my current state is like this:
- Music (even through speakers) causes me pain so i don't listen almost at all, just a few songs a day or nothing, so i am no longer able to be a musical journalist, sadly. This is probably the worst part, clubs/concert etc. are fine, but not being able to listen to music is bad for me.
- It kinda puts me out of the social life of people in my age around me, i can't go to clubs, concerts, not even a multi-cinemas (even with earplugs)
- I have tinnitus (i had it before, but is worse) - noise in my left ear, sometimes kinda loud, but this is not alluding my sleep and it does not longer bothers me, it's the pain that's the biggest problem
- My ear hurts me almost everytime, it's not insufferable but the pain is..well, not goo
- Also, when i ride bycicle without earplugs or something in my ear it hurts, probably this is caused by air flowing fastly inside my ear

Is there someone with similar problem? When were you fixed/are you fixed? Thanks for replies, i know this may look confusingly written, i did what i could, maybe i am not so good at english is i thought

Last edited by Memoryus; 10-10-2011 at 01:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
(male)

holatiti86 HB User
Re: Ear pain (+ tinnitus) after hit by a flat hand

hi, i have the same problem as you, i dont go to clubs anymore because i cant handle the pains in my ears, have you fixed yours?

Closed Thread

Tags
tinnitus